Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07-08 Next Gen G35 (Pics) what do you think?

These pics just came out of the next Gen G35. What are your opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks hot to me, although the back of it needs more of an update to match the rest of the car

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more shot... Yeah I think they did a nice job on the design and if they can get that interior implimented it would be a huge upgrade from the curent "G's"

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the back kinda looks Solora'ish / SC430'ish to me... But I do like the lines alot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Definitely a looker, good evolution of the current design. If they can input a great interior, and sharpen up the handling and drive feel, I'd definitely look into it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I like it but agree the tail needs some work. Keep in mind this is the Infiniti Coupe Concept but history shows Infiniti stays close to their concepts. I hope they refresh the interior as the current G35 coupe looks and feels cheap (plastic).

·
Save the Males!
1,368 Posts
3.7l!!!

What is that car going to have, 330 hp or something. That is almost in american v-6 displacement territory. I am still curious to see when this class horsepower war is going to end, and people will come back to their senses. If that is the where Nissan is going with the G-35, what is next, the Q-70. I just hope that BMW stick to small 6 cyl's and uses turbochargers if they have to. Big sixes aren't nearly as smooth and use too much gas.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Nice. They finally added the character line the original so desperately needed.

Really would strongly consider it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Triji said:
These pics just came out of the next Gen G35. What are your opinions?
Nice, nice, nice, a bit baby fat and femininity defined the flow of the body curve, sexy but I would not get caught inside it. Would be a great car for the lady, a bit gay for the gentleman.

·
Bimmer back, Bimmer back
1,603 Posts
This is looking much better. Still not to my taste though.

They really need to clean up the butt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here is a couple more pics and some info.

At a Glance: Infiniti Coupe Concept

The Infiniti Coupe Concept, which makes its world debut at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, continues the Infiniti tradition of merging design and performance. It takes Infiniti’s vibrant design vocabulary, which has helped establish Infiniti as one of the most dynamic brands in the luxury market, and elevates it to the next level.

The styling is aggressive, seductive and precise, with delicate surface transitions, an aggressive stance and extensive use of highly detailed surface treatments. The Coupe Concept exterior includes a full-length glass panel roof, gently waved shoulder line, modulated front fenders and hood, deep front spoiler and large projector headlights, polished bare metal-look paint, compact camera outside rearview mirrors, hidden door handles and large 20-inch, 9-spoke painted aluminum-alloy wheels.

The Coupe Concept interior combines a performance-inspired cockpit with a luxurious passengers’ space that is marked by comfort and premium quality amenities. The instrument panel continues Infiniti’s signature “double wave” design, with large, violet-color gauge illumination and a dramatic, full-length center console. Specially textured aluminum accents project the image of traditional Japanese “Washi” paper, providing an added sense of warmth and crispness. A full glass panel roof helps create the Coupe Concept’s bright interior space.

The Infiniti Coupe Concept was created at the Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi, Japan.

Highlights of the Infiniti Coupe Concept include:

Exterior Features

An aerodynamic body design, featuring a gently waved shoulder line, modulated front fenders and hood, flowing roofline and wide rear fenders with aggressive overhangs

Low, aggressive stance with deep front spoiler

Integrated polished aluminum rear spoiler, aluminum side sills with two surface treatments (polished and brushed)

Hidden door handles with touch-to-open operation (solenoid activated)

Infiniti signature L-shape headlights and taillights with multi-lamp LED projector-style headlights, LED taillights and special multi-layered sunglasses style surface coatings

Infiniti signature “double-arch” aluminum-alloy grille

Full-length glass roof panel

Compact exterior side mirror housings with compact digital cameras (in place of mirrors), images appear on flip-up screens located on each side of the instrument cluster

9-spoke painted aluminum-alloy 20-inch wheels (9-inch wide front/10-inch wide rear)

Low-profile Bridgestone Potenza tires (255/35R20 front, 275/35R20 rear)

Large, racing-style 4-wheel disc brakes

Large diameter, dual exhaust outlets with polished aluminum finishers

Brilliant “bare metal” paint appearance

Interior Features

Premium and sporty interior with a driver-oriented cockpit and luxurious passenger space

Infiniti signature “double-wave” instrument panel

Wheat leather-appointed interior with Espresso leather accents

Deep front bucket seats with headrest-mounted audio speakers and stitched Infiniti logos

“Washi” (traditional Japanese paper) style aluminum accents

Full-length center console with multi-function (navigation system, vehicle systems/HVAC controls) center display screen

Sculpted aluminum and leather shifter knob

Infiniti analog clock

Three-spoke steering wheel with integrated audio controls, paddle shifters

Five-gauge instrument cluster with violet-colored gauge illumination

Aluminum pedals

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've always liked the looks of the G35 coupe. The new one looks really nice. I'll definitely look into it when the time comes.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That looks really good. Nissan/Infiniti has a winning card in their hands.

(shouldn't this be under the general automotive forum?)

·
In cubicle hell
550 Posts
From the spy shots I've seen of the next 3-series Coupe, this may very well end up being my next car... looks really nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
That car, just like it predecessor, will be “ugly” in 3 years.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts