BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I'm looking at purchasing an e90 and have found two cars I like alot. I'm a little torn on which way to go and wanted to get some input.

The 2007 has:
  • Premium
  • Sport
  • Cold Weather
  • Navigation
  • Adaptive Cruise
  • Comfort Access
  • Logic 7
  • 30,000 miles
  • Black on Black
  • no CPO
The 2009 has:
  • Premium
  • M Sport Package
  • Cold Weather
  • Navigation
  • Adaptive Cruise
  • 10,000 miles
  • LeMans Blu on Black
  • +/- 2 yrs factory warranty left
Which would you lean toward and why? I realize this is very subjective but just curious as to what others might choose.

Price wise the 2009 is about $6000 more than the 2007 but both are pretty well priced it seems.

My inner bargain price hunter likes the 2007 but I'm a bit concerned about the potential for the valve lifter / cylinder head issue (especially w/ the car being out of warranty soon) which I think was resolved by the time of the 09. I also don't put a ton of miles on a car so it will be sitting some. Other than that I love the car. Plus its got every option one could ask for.

I love the color on the 2009. I also like the LCI updates and the fact that its still got a couple of years of warranty left. Plus the M package adds a couple of nifty things but not tremendously more than the regular sport package.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Go Buckeyes!
337 Posts
If you can budget the 09 I would go with it: warranty, low miles, equity of newer car. I love the Lemans blue too. I don't think you could miss with either one though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
First, is your location North Carolina? If so it's hard to imagine you need x-drive that badly, and many prefer the RWD if it works for them.
Of the two, I would go for the newer one, warranty, blue is more unusual, and you have 20,000 miles less wear and uncertainty about how it was cared for my the last owner.

·
N54
3,427 Posts
First, is your location North Carolina? If so it's hard to imagine you need x-drive that badly, and many prefer the RWD if it works for them.
Of the two, I would go for the newer one, warranty, blue is more unusual, and you have 20,000 miles less wear and uncertainty about how it was cared for my the last owner.
:stupid:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts