Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please I recently bought an 07 335i it was running great then the battery died had to get it towed to a shop. New battery in and now the car is idles rough between 1000 and 1400 RPM. There's no throttle response when I step on the gas pedal.

I was told it was onlimp mode but the mechanic had no idea how to fix it. It has 4 code p164c, P1417,P1632 and P0221.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would advise you to get your hands on a BMW-capable scanner rather than that generic crap your "mechanic" is using, but since you had the car towed to a shop to replace the battery, I'm guessing you're not interested in DIYing this. So...
Find a better mechanic.

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,927 Posts
...07 335i...was running great then the battery died had to get it towed to a shop. New battery in and now the car is idles rough between 1000 and 1400 RPM. There's no throttle response when I step on the gas pedal. I was told it was on limp mode but the mechanic had no idea how to fix it. It has 4 code p164c, P1417,P1632 and P0221.
The Codes, AND the symptoms of "limp mode" indicate a problem with (1) the Accelerator Pedal Module, and (2) the Throttle Valve. A shop with INPA or ISTA can test those two components rather quickly, and you should NOT just throw parts at it without such testing. Could be a wiring fault rather than a bad component, or even a power supply or adaptation issue, hence the need for proper diagnostic testing by a shop with the proper software.

Here are the code DEFINITIONS for each of those codes, per Bentley:
P0221 | 2CF7 | Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch '8' Circuit Range/Performance
P164C | 2D1D | Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical
P1417 | 2D06 | Throttle Control Incorrect Air Supply
P1632 | 2CFB | Throttle Valve Adaptation Conditions Not Met

Here are the circuit diagrams for the Accelerator Pedal Module (B10) and Throttle Valve (Y63900):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...-quality-control-valve-msv/foot-pedal/byooXmK
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...-quality-control-valve-msv/air-supply/xGTqLXk

Please let us know what you find,
George

·
Registered
25 Posts
Happened to me on my 2006 325i. You need to do a throttle adaptation- key in ignition; push start button once (without foot on brake so car doesn't start); push throttle pedal to the floor for about 30 seconds. While still holding throttle pedal down, push start button one more time; release throttle pedal. That's it. Start the car and it'll work fine. It sounds ridiculous, but it is the procedure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2007 BMW 335 and the gas pedal would not work and it would rev up and down by its self.
Thanks Ohiobikes, this process worked on mine.
You need to do a throttle adaptation- key in ignition; push start button once (without foot on brake so car doesn't start); push throttle pedal to the floor for about 30 seconds. While still holding throttle pedal down, push start button one more time; release throttle pedal. That's it. Start the car and it'll work fine. It sounds ridiculous, but it is the procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts