BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an old stock 07 coupe, however the dealer claims that BMW no longer gives out the small plastic spare key. The owners manual says otherwise.

I'd love to hear from the owners of '07s if they received the plastice spare or not.

Thanks!

As for the car...I love it so far. Bright Red 3.0si Coupe, manual and xenon only option.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My 07 Z4 came with three keys. Two regular keys and a black plastic key.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
I just picked up an old stock 07 coupe, however the dealer claims that BMW no longer gives out the small plastic spare key. The owners manual says otherwise.

I'd love to hear from the owners of '07s if they received the plastice spare or not.

Thanks!

As for the car...I love it so far. Bright Red 3.0si Coupe, manual and xenon only option.
They stopped using the plastic key. Not sure when or what cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My build date was 6/07 if that helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got one with my 08. So if they did stop, it was only temporarily, which seems unlikely. I bet the dealer just lost it.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
3 keys for my 06 - two regular keys plus the plastic one. I agree with the observation that the dealer probably lost it. Ask them to order another one.

My plastic keys live in my wallet in the event I do something stupid like lock my keys in the car (which happened once with my 3er when I was swapping camera lenses in the trunk).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I've contacted the dealer and they have agreed to order a replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.