BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lease runs out in May. I'm looking at my next vehicle and am keeping the X3 in the running. Even with the AT issue, I hate to part with the X3. I just got a mailer from BMW financial that offers a finance credit of up to $2500 on a new BMW (X3 included). So the question is, are there any noticeable changes on the '09 or '10 X3 compared to my '07. One of my gripes with the X3 is the dated electronics. The ipod interface and Sat Radio options could be better. The radio display without nav is pretty limited, especially for the BT phone. I don't want to change the oem radio, particularly after reading about Evl's experience at the dealer (total B.S.!). So what if anything has changed?
TIA!

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
My lease runs out in May. I'm looking at my next vehicle and am keeping the X3 in the running. Even with the AT issue, I hate to part with the X3. I just got a mailer from BMW financial that offers a finance credit of up to $2500 on a new BMW (X3 included). So the question is, are there any noticeable changes on the '09 or '10 X3 compared to my '07. One of my gripes with the X3 is the dated electronics. The ipod interface and Sat Radio options could be better. The radio display without nav is pretty limited, especially for the BT phone. I don't want to change the oem radio, particularly after reading about Evl's experience at the dealer (total B.S.!). So what if anything has changed?
TIA!
Ron, that is the one major thing that keeps me jumping back and forth on continuing with BMW. So what if I have 4 years warranty if every time I walk in I get the response of:

"It's supposed to be that way, We couldn't find it, or your stereo caused the problem" un-related to the issue (they originally tried to blame the tranny on my car stereo).
Kind of moot to have a warranty they are going to deny all the time. Like slimy insurance companies looking for loop holes to deny a claim.

However, from what I can see on other boards (with the exception of infiniti) the competitors are worse. My Porsche dealer was vile compared to BMW in their worst moments.

·
Your Wish Is Granted
236 Posts
Hey X3r,

In regards to the things you mention (electronics, buttons, nav) there has been no change from '07 to '09/'10.
I was where you are, with an '07 that had a bad trans and also really bad lifter ticking.
I really liked the vehicle otherwise though.
I looked at and drove the GLK and RDX (Q5 wasn't out yet) and walked away feeling the X3 was superior if not for those issues.

I picked up an '09 MT an couldn't be happier.
The trans is great and it has never ticked ever, not even on cold starts after sitting or taking lots of short trips.
Apparently they went to a new head design and lifters beginning Oct/Nov of '08.

There have been reports of the latest model AT's still having the trans issue so be careful.

The next gen X3 may be out by the time your lease is up but it is a new model in a new (for the X3) factory.

If there is anything I have learned from this experience is that I will never by a first year anything.
That includes a facelift year as well as a new model year.

Good luck!

·
Bleed blue and white
294 Posts
+1 Zoltar.

I actually like the somewhat "dated" interior of the E83 b/c it is close to my old E30. There is no substantive instrument/dash change b/t my '07 and my new '09 (I traded). Admittedly, to me it's not worth the cash to futz with an iPod adaptor, so I use the AUX. Also, I've long ago given up on BMW's selective BT support. They never seem to support any current phones. Even my girlfriend's GMC Terrain ( :rolleyes: ) has generic BT support, as does my buddy's Infiniti.

Interior accents have been upgraded, and there is a grocery hook and elastic band in the cargo area now. The ride is much better, although in my case that may be a function of wheel size (I didn't upsize this time).

SO FAR, I haven't had: 1) rattling sunroof 2) ticking lifters 3) I don't have the slushbox, so I can't comment on that issue.

I am much happier with the '09 so far.

Good luck.

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
+1 Zoltar.

I actually like the somewhat "dated" interior of the E83 b/c it is close to my old E30. There is no substantive instrument/dash change b/t my '07 and my new '09 (I traded). Admittedly, to me it's not worth the cash to futz with an iPod adaptor, so I use the AUX. Also, I've long ago given up on BMW's selective BT support. They never seem to support any current phones. Even my girlfriend's GMC Terrain ( :rolleyes: ) has generic BT support, as does my buddy's Infiniti.

Interior accents have been upgraded, and there is a grocery hook and elastic band in the cargo area now. The ride is much better, although in my case that may be a function of wheel size (I didn't upsize this time).

SO FAR, I haven't had: 1) rattling sunroof 2) ticking lifters 3) I don't have the slushbox, so I can't comment on that issue.

I am much happier with the '09 so far.

Good luck.
I don't recall seeing any comments about you upgrading to an MT. Congratz.

I would love to see if the X3 MT sales have gone up since 07, Lol.

EE

·
Bleed blue and white
294 Posts
I had the MT in my '07 as well. What can I say - I'm paleolithic I suppose. Oh, and yeah, you can actually hill start. No MT = no purchase for me, which is obviously narrowing the selection pool.

When BMW stops offering MT as an option, I'm done with 'em. It'll break my heart, but...

·
My Other Car Is A Bus
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at so many vehicles, I'm beginning to get dizzy! Caddy SRX,CADDY CTS Wagon,and Lexus RX350 are in the running now. I have yet to check out the MB GLK350. Methinks that is next. BTW, the X3 lease rates have actually made it as/more affordable to get an X5! Even the sales staff can't figure that one out. Too big for me though. I do like the simplicity of my X3's interior. That heated steering wheel has spoiled me. Damn you creature comforts!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I checked out the Q5 last week, WOW, what a nice SUV, the interior is soooo nice and roomy, but Audi Financial programs kinda sucks right now :thumbdwn:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts