BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !
I just had the suspension air pump and 2 rear air bags replaced (using Arnott products), and although new pump works and suspension goes back up to normal, still leans or sags on one side within overnight parking.
I have checked the air line connection fittings on the pump (by spraying with soap/bubble solution) and did not not see any indication of air leak there. I'm struggling with trying to check the line fitting on the installed bag, it being concealed on the top. :(
I'm assuming the plastic air line tubing is one-piece from the pump to the bag without any other fitting that could leak(?)
Besides the vehicle sagging on one side, I'm not seeing any warning light or level malfunction indicator on the dash. After starting engine, air pumps for about a minute and suspension goes back up to normal height. But then sags again after several hours or parking overnight.
Could anyone provide input please on what else might be the problem, or needs to be done? Thanks much in advance for your help!

·
Migrated to the X5 SAV
899 Posts
the brass fitting/connection/screw from the tube to the airbag might not be 100% aligned - this is critical, if there's any mis alignment, it'll leak.
or,
the self leveling sensor, left rear, might be bad

the leveling issue isn't always the air bags.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nX5 '07 X5 suspension still sags after pump and airbags replacement

Thanks 528JD for your response!
Just to clarify and make sure I understand your input, as you mentioned the Self Leveling Sensor. Since there was no "malfunction warning" on the dash, and it triggers the air pump to automatically turn on after engine starts, and raises the suspension back to normal height...I thought that indicates the sensor is working(?) I'm just not quite familiar with how every component of the air suspension system functions.

Also, another thing I have is that the Arnott airbag replacement does not use a tube connection fitting (unlike the orig BMW bag which has a metal connection tube fitting that can be tightened). Then once the bag is reinstalled, the connection point is concealed from view- being on top of the bag, which makes it really hard to check for leakage. :bawling:

Thanks much again for any further advice or comments you, or anyone could offer. I really would appreciate much!

·
Migrated to the X5 SAV
899 Posts
i didn't have any codes thrown either. there's only the 4 parts.
compressor
air bags
height sensor
compressor valve block

after changing all parts, I tracked back to an improperly screwed on fitting.
It's a PITA
but better than having the dealer bend you over.

:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts