BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone my name is Brian and I’m new here, I’m also new to owning a bmw Too… So with that being said I am
Trying to get my back seat off so o can run some wires to the trunk. I got the bottom off and now I can’t get the top off … So if anyone can help me with it o would greatly appreciate mt

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
886 Posts
crawl into the trunk and use a flash light. Look at the ceiling of the trunk. There should be a cutout on each side with a silver metal piece that slides. It’s a latch. You’ll need to use a screwdriver to move it as it’s kind of stout.
Now that the backseat bottom is off you should see 10mm bolts kinda hiding under the seat backs. have fun
Oh and welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crawl into the trunk and use a flash light. Look at the ceiling of the trunk. There should be a cutout on each side with a silver metal piece that slides. It’s a latch. You’ll need to use a screwdriver to move it as it’s kind of stout.
Now that the backseat bottom is off you should see 10mm bolts kinda hiding under the seat backs. have fun
Oh and welcome
Thank ylou. I saw the torx bit bolts but 2 of them do not want to come off. I’m wondering if I crawl in the trunk and push the passenger side latch once that’s free and the passenger side bolt do you think I could squeeze my arm through with some wires?

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
886 Posts
Probably, also your right T50 Torx. I swear it was 10mm bolts. Oops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts