BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, the last time I looked at my IVM I couldn't figure out how to remove the wires clipped to the bottom of the module. Does anybody have any tips for removing it? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is like a lever that holds them down, you must "push" the levers away from the wire you are unhooking to get it out. Also I just changed my IVM. It's NOT a plug and play! It has to be programmed. So don't be surprised if you put it in and nothing works lol. I found out the hard way. Get your Indy to put it in and program it.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
There is like a lever that holds them down, you must "push" the levers away from the wire you are unhooking to get it out. Also I just changed my IVM. It's NOT a plug and play! It has to be programmed. So don't be surprised if you put it in and nothing works lol. I found out the hard way. Get your Indy to put it in and program it.
First time I've heard of having to program an IVM . A IVM is not a module , it's a bunch of relays , as far as I know . There is quite a bit of information here about IVM issue's . Having to program one ,, I don't think it's necessary .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the IVM and ISM are two names for the same part, not sure. But I bought a replacement IVM for my car and it looks identical to the pictured part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts