Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fifth BMW. First e93. Two questions:

1.) How low is your e93? Mine has the M Package and only has 5-1/4***8221; (13.33cm) of ground clearance and scrapes coming into my driveway.

2.) What do you think is scraping under there? I don't have an easy way to jack the car up so I can't see if it's the frame or something more critical.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Attachments

·
beemlyfe
683 Posts
Probably the front bumper. If you feel under the bottom lip, you will feel the scrapes. That is usually the only place that scrapes on a car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably the front bumper. If you feel under the bottom lip, you will feel the scrapes. That is usually the only place that scrapes on a car.
Definitely not the front lip. There is a peak in my driveway to divert water. Once the front wheel goes over it the driveway slopes down creating a fulcrum at the chassis midpoint. I'm trying to find out if the car has been lowered or if the current ground clearance is normal.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Definitely not the front lip. There is a peak in my driveway to divert water. Once the front wheel goes over it the driveway slopes down creating a fulcrum at the chassis midpoint. I'm trying to find out if the car has been lowered or if the current ground clearance is normal.

Check [here], Appendex A

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Check [here], Appendex A
Great resource thanks. I did all my own work on my e30 and e46 and all my motorcycles. Will have to build the tool assortment to work in this beauty thanks

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
sounds normal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone tell me what the ground clearance should be on a stock, non-lowered 2008 e93 with M Package wheels?

·
Registered
283 Posts
BMW doesn't specify standard ground height but wheel clearance. These are the numbers for the E93, measure from the bottom edge of the rim to the lip of the wheel arch, passing thru the middle of the wheel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Last week I changed my dmtl pump. Discovered very quickly that the bilstein lowering kit meant that my low profile jack no longer fits under my car. No big deal. Just drove it up a portable ramp and then put the jack under it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts