BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a 04 Range rover and I am thinking of getting the 08 X5 4.8 with most of the options available. I am wondering if it is worth it. Never had an X5, currently driving 03 745Li and I love that car. I also love my Rover but I need the 3rd row for the kids. How is everyone's X5? Could u also tell me how much u paid for it? Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
personally i do not believe there is enough room in the X5 for third row seats. mine doesn't have third row but it is awfully tight back there.

plus you lose the spare tire with third row seats.

great truck IMO. 5 months & 8600 miles.

i didn't go in for all the gadgetry BS (tech & Nav), as i simply enjoy driving it for drivings sake. i holds the road very well. a TomTom and the rearview mirrors are much cheaper and work just as well.

can't speak for foul weather or off road performance as it is fairly mild here and i have a 4x4 pick-up & a suburban for such endeavors.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just recently ordered my 4.8. I'm betting that they won't change the engine until 2010, plus after consideration, I think I'd rather have the naturally aspired 4.8 vs the TT6. Heard the TT8 has some lag, but then again for those power hungry that won't matter.

A deciding factor for me to get the X5 was the third row seat. I'm only comparing against Lexus, MB and Porsche. Though not functional for teenagers and above. It's perfect for small kids once in a while (if it was an everyday thing, I'd go with a mini-van for the convenience). Fitting exactly my needs.

If I didn't need to transport that many people, I'd probably go with a Cayenne instead or even the X6! (I did test drive the xDrive35i on the X6 and it's smooth! Car feels nimble for such a large car too).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't believe anyone can be comfortable in that 3rd row. Also, keep in mind that if you take the 3rd row, you loose the spare. You can only drive a punctured runflat for 50 miles at a greatly reduced speed. What if you are driving though a rural area, where the nearest dealer is more than 2 hours away? The dealer may not even have a replacement runflat. I believe in spare tires.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't believe anyone can be comfortable in that 3rd row. Also, keep in mind that if you take the 3rd row, you loose the spare. You can only drive a punctured runflat for 50 miles at a greatly reduced speed. What if you are driving though a rural area, where the nearest dealer is more than 2 hours away? The dealer may not even have a replacement runflat. I believe in spare tires.
Great point on the lack of a spare tire w/ 3rd row seating. It'll really depends on need. I'm lucky enough to be doing 99% of my driving in areas where getting to the nearest dealer within 50 miles won't be a problem.

Little kids fit in the 3rd row fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts