BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought my 08 z4 m roadster back in april, and it was finished with production on the 29th of april. It has been sitting down in SC for the past week with no update other than waiting to be scheduled with the carrier.

BMWNA has no info for me on it other than it is just sitting there...any ideas on what is going on? How long did everyone else wait?

Is anyone else waiting for theirs to get delivered to the VPC and having the same issue?

I live in PA and its my understanding the closest VPC is in NJ...Im just wondering what the holdup is...Blah

I'm just super anxious, and i hope everything is ok...especially since my dealer told me it was to arrive at the end of april.

Thoughts?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
So i bought my 08 z4 m roadster back in april, and it was finished with production on the 29th of april. It has been sitting down in SC for the past week with no update other than waiting to be scheduled with the carrier.

BMWNA has no info for me on it other than it is just sitting there...any ideas on what is going on? How long did everyone else wait?

Is anyone else waiting for theirs to get delivered to the VPC and having the same issue?

I live in PA and its my understanding the closest VPC is in NJ...Im just wondering what the holdup is...Blah

I'm just super anxious, and i hope everything is ok...especially since my dealer told me it was to arrive at the end of april.

Thoughts?
What's the last seven of your vin? Dealer should be able to find out status wise.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts

Thoughts?
Following shows the status of my two coupes.

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141198

·
Registered
975 Posts
Delivery

I not the expert,Buy just discussed this with the perfrmance rep on doing performance pick up,He said that depending on thow many stops the boats takes sometime three before the cars get to Charlston SC.And some times there has been parts containers that hang things up through Customs,Note times have changed.They can hold stuff for awhile,if not staffed at the docks?

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I not the expert,Buy just discussed this with the perfrmance rep on doing performance pick up,He said that depending on thow many stops the boats takes sometime three before the cars get to Charlston SC.And some times there has been parts containers that hang things up through Customs,Note times have changed.They can hold stuff for awhile,if not staffed at the docks?
Z's are shipped via train within the US, I believe. Mine certainly was.

My production date was something like 8/18/06 and the car was delivered to the dealer in Southern California around 10/1/06.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Mine came on a truck to CT.
Sorry, right.

I was reacting to the mention of a ship. Movement from the factory in SC to a US VPC definitely does not use a ship. In the case of a transfer from SC to CA, rail transport is used. From the VPC to the dealer the car is shipped via truck.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Sorry, right.

I was reacting to the mention of a ship. Movement from the factory in SC to a US VPC definitely does not use a ship. In the case of a transfer from SC to CA, rail transport is used. From the VPC to the dealer the car is shipped via truck.
Ships are for the salt test.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I hope

The cosmolean treatment is less by I hear I is worst,Plus the car look crap when they hit dock.I saw a few pictures my daughter is down there,if saw what the cars looked like when they land!

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
My Z4M took 8 weeks from order date to dealer drop-off. Order date was January 29.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car should arrive monday per my dealer. I appreciate everyones time and input. I'll post pics shortly after :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well now thursday (Car was to arrive Monday)...no news and my CA can't tell me where the car is...Amusing how i can track location on a 5 dollar package but cant get news at where a 60k car is...

Oh well, I fear the worst and that something happened to the car and i doubt ill get the real story.:dunno:

·
Registered
975 Posts
port of call issues

Have you seen the post on the other boards like the 135 board on what happens on the ship is not told to you unless a certain % of the is wrecked!!!The whole top was crushed and they were cutting it off and replacing with not a word to the buyer?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Well now thursday (Car was to arrive Monday)...no news and my CA can't tell me where the car is...Amusing how i can track location on a 5 dollar package but cant get news at where a 60k car is...

Oh well, I fear the worst and that something happened to the car and i doubt ill get the real story.:dunno:
My guess was the 15th. Guess not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Supposedly the front bumper got damaged and had to be sent back to the production facility...its getting a new bumper i guess and repainted...

Not a good start

1 - 20 of 24 Posts