Banned
10,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT:

"Both pump relays faulty. R&R'd both pump relays - normal operation restored."

P/N 12-63-1-742-690 salmon red relay
RealOEM relay reference
RealOEM retractable top exploded view

Also, under new California law, every time a vehicle comes in to dealer for service, tire pressure must be set to factory spec. In my case, 34/34.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding this, I posted my tale of woe yesterday, totally true, but this author's presentation might have been taken a couple of different ways. To the point, nothing was over the line. The thing more like sat on the line....the Inner Imp made me do it! :eek:uch:

So it was closed, better or worse, as it strayed away from tech toward salaciousness. Yet, in so doing we've an opportunity to discuss what may or may not be desired by Bimmerfest participants.

What say you, not limited to Retractable Hard Tops?

--> TIP: Stay away from certain discussions about that!

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
In before lock, close or moooove!!!
Lol
Good luck getting your hard as rock top working again.

Sent from my super old iPhone 3G using BimmerApp

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Picking up my ride this morn - hope to have detail on the malfunction + pics - will edit here when available.

Regarding this, I posted my tale of woe yesterday, totally true, but this author's presentation might have been taken a couple of different ways. To the point, nothing was over the line. .
Inquiring minds are still waiting with baited breath.

FWIW: Knowing what an afficianado you are of plein aire driving, I thought it was a pretty witty treatment of the topic. We can't help it that DSX was posting under the influence. ;)

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts

FWIW: Knowing what an afficianado you are of plein aire driving, I thought it was a pretty witty treatment of the topic. We can't help it that DSX was posting under the influence. ;)
What? Me? I don't even remember posting anything in that crass thread! And if I did it would only be to add a dash of culture.

Gia is the one causing all the trouble around here. She is the Queen of the Double Entendre and the sly innuendo.

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
Gia is the one causing all the trouble around here. She is the Queen of the Double Entendre and the sly innuendo.
Qué,qué,que "Double the entendre, double the pleasure" ;)
DSX just jealous that I can wear 2 pieces bikinis by this weekend before him.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts
Qué,qué,que "Double the entendre, double the pleasure" ;)
Pics or it didn't happen!

Gia, are you stalking me? Waaaahh\, waahhhh, wahhhhh, I need to throw a hissy fit and whine forever while flogging dead horses. Oh, I am so hurt. Waahhhh waaaaahhhhh wahhhhhh I'm such a baby. But don't worry, I can handle it, I'm not a punk who fires off PMs to the mods every time I feel my feelings have been hurt. Know why? I have a real life.
:angel:

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts

Gia, are you stalking me? Waaaahh\, waahhhh, wahhhhh, I need to throw a hissy fit and whine forever while flogging dead horses. Oh, I am so hurt. Waahhhh waaaaahhhhh wahhhhhh I'm such a baby. But don't worry, I can handle it, I'm not a punk who fires off PMs to the mods every time I feel my feelings have been hurt. Know why? I have a real life.:angel:
Pics or it's all made up.

On second thought, I'll just take your word for it.

Cal, as far as the RHT goes, it would worry me much for long term reliability. As long as it's just relays things are cool but I figure over a 10 years span, worse may happen.

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts

Gia, are you stalking me? Waaaahh\, waahhhh, wahhhhh, I need to throw a hissy fit and whine forever while flogging dead horses. Oh, I am so hurt. Waahhhh waaaaahhhhh wahhhhhh I'm such a baby. But don't worry, I can handle it, I'm not a punk who fires off PMs to the mods every time I feel my feelings have been hurt. Know why? I have a real life.
DSX, c'mon dude... with last night's efforts, and now you are complaining about "flogging a dead horse" today...

See a doctor already.

This might help: ;)

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
///M-rated. Were you in Vegas last night?

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,164 Posts
DSX, c'mon dude... with last night's efforts, and now you are complaining about "flogging a dead horse" today...

See a doctor already.

This might help: ;)

Excellent! I'm starting to feel better already. Goats always help cheer me up, especially when they're tarted up a bit. I sure hope Llando understands our little pecadillos.

"Flogging a dead horse." Would that have been a good line in Calwaterboy's locked thread? Nah, too obvious.

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,417 Posts
Witty...

OP Glad your top is fixed. What caused it?

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Kat, info's now in the OP above.

Yes. My previous thread was always on the bubble....could be blown by any wind....somebody sneezed! :angel2:

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Kat, info's now in the OP above.

Yes. My previous thread was always on the bubble....could be blown by any wind....somebody sneezed! :angel2:
Thanks! Did they give you any theories on what caused the sensors to go kaput?
Your E93 is also an '09. What month of production?

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,419 Posts
What are these "bikinis" of which you speak?

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
What are these "bikinis" of which you speak?
Bikinis for car-ibbean of cause.
It's a car forum. What do you think?

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! Did they give you any theories on what caused the sensors to go kaput?
Your E93 is also an '09. What month of production?
No failure analysis - being relays, they probably just wore out. I'm a Top Down Fool! My batmobile/retractable's had lots of excercise.

Could not have parts - warranty repair parts claimed by BMW for analysis.

More later....:cool:

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Knowing what an afficianado you are of plein aire driving, I thought it was a pretty witty treatment of the topic. We can't help it that DSX was posting under the influence. ;)
Not a bad effort if I do say so. Yet accurately descriptive of my fix!

Naturally, when under the influence, we believe in our brilliance, though later that may seem curious. There are limits. :brent:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.