BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, total Newbie here with the X5 questions. I did research a bit, but only found some of the items I needed. So, a few questions about upgrading my 18" wheels/tires to 20"'s.

1) I like the Y OEM rims, I think they are 20/10 front and 20/11 rears. Can I intsall these on my X5 if it came with the 18"'s.

2) I do see after market Y rims around, are these any good? or should I continue to search for OEM ones? I intend to have this X5 for about a year, and I do want to black them out also. Maybe red pinstrip on the lips. So i will keep the 18's for when I sell it.

3) Can I have my tire guy remove and reinstall the TPM's? or should a BMW dealer do that? Are they reusable? How hard is this to do? Can a tirepro or discount tire place do it?

4) Will I need to reset the TPM light/computer? and if so, How?

5) Any leads on where to get those plastic wheel flairs I see on the X5"s that come with the 20's and 21's? I read somewhere they are made and simple to install?

Many thanks for your time in replying, I really appreciate it.

I sold my Rover sport for this X5, and man what a nice upgrade. So much nicer and better quality.

Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
I started a very similar line of questions and reply this evening regarding the 20" Y wheels that BMW refers to as 214 style.

Your question #4. Based on other past experience with other TPM cars, you should be able to go into the computer system and reset.

Would like to hear others chime in about the other questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts