BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a grey 1-series in San Francisco a week ago on Lincoln Blvd near the Golden Gate Bridge. I didn't catch the model number or see the plate. I'm certain it was a 1-series and my son confirmed it. We've seen this car in Europe last summer when we picked up my 2006 330i there so we are familiar with the looks of the car.

Also, here is an article in left-lane news of a sighting of another 1-series around San Francisco (this picture looks like it was taken on Oakland side of the Bay Bridge headed into San Francisco). This was blue--a different color than the one I saw.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/16/bmw-1-series-hatch-spotted-in-california/

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The car has California DST plates so it seems like BMW is at least thinking of bringing the car in. With the increase in the price of the E90, BMW has some room to price it at a point where the brand is not cheapened but a lot more folks start driving them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
YES. Bring it on over! i WILL purchase one. I fell in love with it immediately in Europe and was entertaining the thought of bringing one over... but this makes it all too easy... 1 Series here I come!
JL

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I believe bmw does hot testing on their cars in Cali. Noticed on other boards that all the sightings so far are in that state.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Also, we see 1 series cars in San Diego all the time. They're just cars up from Mexico.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts