BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one heck of a fun car to drive (yes, I have an auto guys). I've put away the cushy 535xi for a bit, and have been using the 3 as a daily driver. There's always power on tap. The ride is firm, yet comfortable. The tit. silver + it's standard 17s seem to look very good on this car. No rattles...just smoooooth.

Very much a whole lot of car for the money.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I have just a few days with my 335i and I am absolutely loving it! You are very lucky to be able choose each and every day whether or not do drive a new 335 or a 535!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 535i is a car that I will definately be considering when my lease is up on the 335i. What is the biggest difference that you notice in both cars?

Also, does the 335i feel much faster, or just a little?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...really enjoying the car.

There's a night and day comparison between the 3 and 5. The 5 rides better (non sport) and is more luxurious, but has a lot of power. It doesn't feel faster than the 3. The 3 feels more like a go-kart (in a good way) than the 535. However, the 535 is a fast car nonetheless.

I wish the 335 had a version of the 22 way comfort seats that are in the 5. The 5 is bigger, a bit more refined, and has less exhaust note.

I visit hospitals a lot (have some heart problems) and i take the 5 (dad's the pilot, i get to be copilot, lol). for around town, the 335 is great. for longer trips, the 5 makes a big difference to me.

Both are great cars and have their purposes...both are fast. But the dynobutt says the 3 is a tad faster off the line, especially in sport.

I hate to say after getting used to idrive, i want it back. i didn't get it in the 335. it's actually a pain to do some stuff with the radio & phone w/o idrive.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.