BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I'd be cutting this a bit too close or rushing. Based on the Regensburg web site they only offer tours at 8:30a and 1p. Is that correct?

Alternatively, if I did the 8:30a tour would I have time to get back to MUC, drop off the car and make a 2p flight to Berlin?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm not sure how long the tour is but Regensburg to München Airport is 1hr to 1hr 15min w/o traffic. Add another 15min - 20min from BMW Welt (again w/o traffic).
If you're doing the quick delivery, you should be able to make the 1pm tour but it will be close.
I would be more nervous about doing the trip prior to your return to Flughafen München. I'm guessing the tour is circa 3hrs? That puts you on the road back to München around 11:30-12pm, arriving at drop off around 12:30-1, complete drop-off around 12:45 to 1:15 (assuming no one in front of you and you found it on the first attempt), flight checkin around 1 to 1:30. Doable? Probably. But it leaves NO margin for error or set backs.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Not to mention you'll need to fill up. They deliver the car with just a quarter tank of gas in it. I wasnt able to drive the Munich marriott from the Welt without the gas light coming on.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Regensburg tour is the longest of the big factory tours at 2 1/2 hours. (The Munich tour is 2 hours). Plus you when end the Regensburg tour, they finish up at a small showroom inside the factory..so add another 5-10 mins to leave.

When I took a 1pm tour, I had a meeting at 5pm at a-workx south of Munich off the Lindau Autobahn and was 30 mins late. (That includes driving through the city however).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.