Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my software updated to 11/2018-45 today. BMW NA believed this would improve performance with iOS devices and address many of the other glitches I’ve experienced since delivery. I also had the check engine light come on last Thursday, which apparently signaled a communications issue between the BDC and engine. I was told it would fix that too.

The good news: Check engine light is now off.

The bad news: No improvement in operation of iOS devices. Still can’t browse content on the iPhone or iPod Touch through iDrive. USB drive with music still has about half of the content not displayed. Incoming text messages still don’t show who they are from.

Oh, and all my apps were missing when I got the car. No traffic, either. Shop foreman took it back in for about 20 minutes and they they couldn’t get it to work, but maybe it would in a day or day.

I called the person at BMW NA I’ve been working with on my way home. He had me reboot the iDrive and then tell it to update again (dealer apparently told it to update but did not reboot). After the reboot, I have BMW Assist and Service Request back (and traffic), but ConnectedDrive, Weather and everything else or still MIA. BMW NA is at a loss and escalating.

Pretty frustrating ownership experience so far here.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMW NA has escalated, whatever that means. They said I should hear from someone by Wednesday.

This vehicle would be perfect...if it had iDrive 6 like in my 2018 540. The new iDrive 7 looks great. It***8217;s functionality and reliability leave quite a bit to be desired at this point.

I***8217;m sure it will get worked out, but just frustrating. Seems like most of these issues would be obvious in testing. I saw most of them on my ride home from the dealer.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,040 Posts
BMW NA has escalated, whatever that means. They said I should hear from someone by Wednesday.

This vehicle would be perfect...if it had iDrive 6 like in my 2018 540. The new iDrive 7 looks great. It's functionality and reliability leave quite a bit to be desired at this point.

I'm sure it will get worked out, but just frustrating. Seems like most of these issues would be obvious in testing. I saw most of them on my ride home from the dealer.
Perhaps with the ability to do remote updates, BMW was less compelled to release a finished product?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good friend of mine who is German is home for the holidays. He has a number of friends who are BMW execs. He had dinner last night with some of them, including the head of corporate quality for BMW. He indicated they are aware of the issues many of us are having and that there will be a new software update deployed 1/7 to fix most of these issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts