BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back this evening on a 1200+ mile RT to San Diego over the weekend.

Temps in the low 70s, top down, 25 mpg averaging about 79 mph with AC running.

Gotta luv those 24/7 dedicated car pool lanes in S. CA.

Only thing to say is: Someone please remind me again why I got the 35 Cab?
:angel:

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Ah, San Diego. That'd be a great place to own a convertible. :)

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
For those of you looking to avoid the mass of the very heavy 335i convertible which does interfere with driveability compared to the 335i coupe, there are soft-top options out there to consider which are much lighter and more fun to drive:

the 135i convertible and the Porsche Boxster come to mind. The trade-off is wind-noise with the top up and some blindspots, but these vehicles are more practical than the hard top convertibles because you have more trunk room.

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
Ah, San Diego. That'd be a great place to own a convertible. :)
Nope the place sucks. What they say about San Diego is all lies. The weather is horrible, pollution so thick one can cut with a knife. Some of the ugliest women on the ugliest beaches in the world. In fact, it is best to avoid California altogether. Really.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
SD just has perfect weather there all the time :thumbup: Will be heading down there in 2 weeks :D

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
San Diego is just a re-badged Los Angeles...

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
And LA is just a rebadged Mexico.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Nope the place sucks. What they say about San Diego is all lies. The weather is horrible, pollution so thick one can cut with a knife. Some of the ugliest women on the ugliest beaches in the world. In fact, it is best to avoid California altogether. Really.
Really:

I'll be down in November, making sure to avoid the weather, pollution, women & beaches. Wish I could bring the e90, tho.

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
Really:

I'll be down in November, making sure to avoid the weather, pollution, women & beaches. Wish I could bring the e90, tho.
Think of San Diego like Hugh Hefner's mansion. Bring all the women. Dudes?, not so much.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those of you looking to avoid the mass of the very heavy 335i convertible which does interfere with driveability compared to the 335i coupe, there are soft-top options out there to consider which are much lighter and more fun to drive:

the 135i convertible and the Porsche Boxster come to mind. The trade-off is wind-noise with the top up and some blindspots, but these vehicles are more practical than the hard top convertibles because you have more trunk room.
Hmmmmm you didn't understand my question did you....LOL :p

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts