BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a set of 128s and was wondering if anybody that has em have added spacers to them

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I did. I bougt my wheels from wheels and caps. Reps. Love em. I went thru a lot of spacers before I figured that 10mm on the rears won't rub. But for some reason my fronts wobble with 5mm spacers on them. Its not the wheels or an alignment

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
spacers are tricky, coop you can do a 20mm in the rear of the 745 and a 10mm in a 750.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will it rub in the back with 20mm

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
It shouldnt but depends on how wide of a tire you put.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If i run 10mm spacers on an 05 745i with oem 128s and 285/30/21 will I be ok? Whats a spacer that will give a flush look with no rubbing on the front with 245/35/21 front on oem 128?

Love the look of 128's!! - thanks!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I did. I bougt my wheels from wheels and caps. Reps. Love em. I went thru a lot of spacers before I figured that 10mm on the rears won't rub. But for some reason my fronts wobble with 5mm spacers on them. Its not the wheels or an alignment
I'd be willing to be that it's a combination of failing/worn bushings on the front suspension and as well slightly warped spacers. Get a shop to check the "flatness" of them and also the runout and you'll end up seeing that the spacers aren't perfectly flat or true. As well you'll probably find your front bushings worn.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Will it rub in the back with 20mm
Easy way to see is cut some carboard that's about 30mm long. Mark the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30mm widths on it. Now put it against the part of the tire that sticks out the most and then bring it against the edge of the wheel arch. Where the inside edge of the wheel arch end is the max you can go with. If you want to push the limit a bit, you can go 2-3mm a bit more since when the tire goes up when it hits a bump, it doesn't have a straight path but a slightly curved path.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts