BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

Last week I took delivery of my new 2010 335i, it's a blast!

In the manual they show 2 optional 12V power ports in the rear of the center armrest, below the rear passenger A/C vents, and another optional one in the trunk.

Anyone have any of those? Or know what package I would have needed to get them?

Also any idea if the dealership should be able to add the ones in the center armrest? Obviously there's some wiring there, since there is 12V power inside the armrest. I don't know if they can just change out the faceplate on the back of the armrest and wire it in.

I've asked the dealership, and they are checking on it, but figured I'd get a second opinion here.

· Registered
7,399 Posts
A 2010 huh?? You'll need to post pictures!!! Congrats :)

I have all three :)

· Chicks dig Wagons!
4,881 Posts
Howdy!

Last week I took delivery of my new 2010 335i, it's a blast!

In the manual they show 2 optional 12V power ports in the rear of the center armrest, below the rear passenger A/C vents, and another optional one in the trunk.

Anyone have any of those? Or know what package I would have needed to get them?

Also any idea if the dealership should be able to add the ones in the center armrest? Obviously there's some wiring there, since there is 12V power inside the armrest. I don't know if they can just change out the faceplate on the back of the armrest and wire it in.

I've asked the dealership, and they are checking on it, but figured I'd get a second opinion here.
Those two power points on the armrest are not on the North America E9x, to the best of my knowledge. Its not an issue of what packages your ordered.
There is a DIY on E90post with instructions on how to install, however.

There are also plenty of folk who have installed a 12V in the trunk, for various reasons. You can also find DIYs for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.