Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tom
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a problem that showed up on the clock in my 98 Z3. It would appear that the display has failed in some way, perhaps it cracked. The orange numbers for reading the time can still be read, but a snowflake shaped design in the same orange LED color has appeared over the numbers. I can press on the display with a finger and it does not affect the numbers or snowflake design. Both the numbers and the snowflake design are the same color/light. I do not have a photo hosting site to be able to post a picture, but did try an attachment of a Jpeg photo which if it shows would describe it better.

I am wondering if it is fixable (a new number panel or whatever it might be called could be replaced), if I remove the clock through the radio opening, or if a clock goes bad it generally means replacing it with another complete clock. I might just remove it and add a plate over the opening (I don't need an oil or other new gauge) I just would need to cover the hole. I added some design pieces of wood around the cabin long ago that look just like the console burl design and color, and a larger piece of that could cover the hole and stick to the dash.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts