BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking delivery of a new 135i convertible next week and was wondering what kind of mileage you guys are experiencing...........
Thanks,
John

·
Launch Control Ready
1,577 Posts
I am curious on this too. I find it very odd that the EPA rates the 135 lower than the 335. WTF??

·
F e s t S p o n s o r
1,194 Posts
justin t; what mileages do you see for both cars.

·
Launch Control Ready
1,577 Posts
17/25 for 135
17/26 for 335

both w/ manual

·
Iwanna330Cic
927 Posts
17/25 for 135
17/26 for 335

both w/ manual
I don't get it. My 335i vert gets about 10%+ better mileage than that. The 1 series isn't light, but the 335i certainly is heavier. What gives? :dunno:

Doug

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
I am curious on this too. I find it very odd that the EPA rates the 135 lower than the 335. WTF??
Facts is facts. Who knows why. Note: a couple of years back the 330 got better milage than the 325. Inscrutable, these Germans.

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Drag coefficient, the 1er has a less aerodynamic line and taller cabin. The headroom in a 1 is much more than the E92.

·
Launch Control Ready
1,577 Posts
I would think the lower weight would counter that...looks like the real world will prove out.

As an example, my wife's E550 is rated 15/24 and that is not quite accurate. I think the changes made by the government was to try and levee more gas guzzler taxes on whicles (not necessarily a bad thing), but when we get 21 normally and 26-27 highway, I get a bit pissed that we got hit w/ gas guzzler.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I would think the lower weight would counter that...looks like the real world will prove out. QUOTE]
It seems like the difference between the 335i's .30Cd and the .33Cd of the 135i trumps the 200 lb. weight advantage of the one.

FWIW, my MT 128i 'vert is averaging about 25 mpg during break-in (by the book) - EPA 19/28, and I'm anticipating 30+ highway mpg - just like my Z4 and E46 328i sedan.
Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put about 60 miles on mine last night and it says 24.8mpg on the little display. Most of that was mountain driving, so I'm not sure how that effects gas mileage.

Dan

·
Registered
975 Posts
New car

I am taking delivery of a new 135i convertible next week and was wondering what kind of mileage you guys are experiencing...........
Thanks,
John
I will take delivery in NC Next week @ Fletcher but it will not be till after the boat lands next week Thursday. Hope Saturday or Monday

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have about 300 miles on my manual 135i and with 50/50 driving I'm getting 23.5mpg. Not bad for a 300hp engine. I would think it would increase slightly once its broke in.

·
Officially Weird
1,637 Posts
EPA revised the formula for '08 to be more 'realistic', including higher speeds, which lowered the average rating by a few MPG.

The old highway cycle only went up to 55mph, obviously you get killer mileage on the highway at 55.

However, the old highway cycle ALSO had a fair amount of speeding up/slowing down, so a steady state cruise at 70 might be equivalent to what they'd say you should get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Better than my X3 worse than my wife's 128....

I'm hovering around the 18mpg mark. I do drive fast, though. If I do lot of highway miles I get around 23mpg.

Thanks,
John

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
from what i have herd the 135i has slightly different gearing than the 335i...

perhaps that is the cause

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
Nope. The final drives are 3.08 (MT) and 3.46 (Steptronic) for both 135i and 335i in the U.S.
Tom
hmm

friking dealers misleading me ... haha

don't you hate that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts