BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a 135 or 128 and be able to post the trunk dimensions? We are taking delivery at the Welt on June 6th and I am just trying to figure out what we can take (or not take) along.

Thx!
Brew99

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the owner's manual, which doesn't say, but an article published when the car was first being reviewed (fall of last year) said "130 cubic feet." I am trying to find physical dimensions. Since we are getting the 128i in a vert, the issue of trunk space concerned us as well. Guess I'll have to learn to "under-pack." :) If I find out, I'll post it for you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Edmunds.com gives the "luggage capacity" for the 135i coupe as 10 cubic feet. I'm not sure why they would say 10 cu.ft. and the article said 130 (maybe it was a typo and should have read "13.")

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Several people have taken their suitcases and carry-ons to the dealer to check out the 3-series convertibles. You could do it with the 135 and report back. (I see people do it with golf bags all the time--just tell them you are making a final check before ordering.) :)

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
I have the owner's manual, which doesn't say, but an article published when the car was first being reviewed (fall of last year) said "130 cubic feet."
I don't think my pickup truck bed is that big. :angel: 130 cubic feet is over 10 feet by 6 feet by 2 feet deep.

Cheers

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, that's what I thought - 130 cu.ft. didn't sound quite right, but I confess - I am math-impaired! Taking the suitcase to the dealer is a great idea and we did that. We also took a tape measure, but didn't write down the dimensions. We just noted that about 3-4 carry-on sized suitcases will fit and maybe squeeze in our laptop bag and whatever I am substituting for the purse I won't be taking. My goal is to fit everything in the trunk so that nothing has to be left out in the back seat. It will be tight. There was an article on how to pack on Yahoo-Travel yesterday that my husband suggested that I read. I'm not sure that will help much!

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
There was an article on how to pack on Yahoo-Travel yesterday that my husband suggested that I read. I'm not sure that will help much!
Try this web site. Its the best I have found for packing tips.

www.onebag.com

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
This morning I was at the local dealer and looked at the trunk in a new 1 series convertible. With the top down, the trunk has more room than the 3 series convertible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We took delivery of a 135i coupe at the beginning of this week and have been driving around Germany, Italy and Austria. Two large suitcases plus three good-sized carry-on fit with no problems (rear seats are folded down). The trunk is similar in size to the E36s I had years ago. The coupe has been lots of funs on the autobahns and back roads.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I also found this website: www.packinglight.net. They have posted a five minute video on how to pack and I'm going to give it a try - it made a whole lot of sense. The website that X3 Skier recommended above is really great as well. Thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
We took delivery of a 135i coupe at the beginning of this week and have been driving around Germany, Italy and Austria. Two large suitcases plus three good-sized carry-on fit with no problems (rear seats are folded down). The trunk is similar in size to the E36s I had years ago. The coupe has been lots of funs on the autobahns and back roads.
Where is all your pictures? :dunno:

·
*insert witty one liner*
257 Posts
I'm picking my 135i up on Thursday. My Girlfriend and I have 2 large hard cases, 2 backpacks, and my camera bag. I'm hoping it will all fit. I can take pictures of it if you would like.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was able to place two very large rolling duffles (6000 cubic inches each) and two day packs in the trunk. It was tight, my wives duffle was rather wide and if it wasn't for the fact that mine was narrow and taller, they both would not have fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts