BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fest, I've recieved valuable advice from the fest over the past year and I need one more thing. I've scheduled my 15,000 oil change/service for Saturday at the local BMW dealer. I need to know if there is anything else I should have them look at, or check up on. This service is included in the warranty and I've had absolutely no problems with the car since I bought it. Anyone have a horror story, or maybe a positive one from thier first service check?

Oh, I also told them I didn't want the car detailed. Fields BMW here in Winter Park "details" the car after each service. I have no swirl marks and want to keep it that way. TIA!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
895 Posts
at 15K miles, you should have nothing to worry about. The car is still TOO new =)

As for any car wash, DONT let them do it. No matter what dealer i go to, they leave swirl marks. This one dealer i go to which is a Porsche/MB/BMW dealer, them dudes use the same scrubber on the rims for brake dust, and use it on the paint!!! i dam near fainted seeing them do it to the cars coming in for service!!! I never let them clean my car period.

·
Le plaisir de conduire
494 Posts
Ditto about them washing your car. It's just not worth it. Other than the standard oil/filter, just ask if there are any software upgrades for your car. Other than that, you should be good.

~Jon

PS I hope your changing your oil more than at a 15K interval... :eeps:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts