BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am doing a little research into looking in getting some rims for winter for my E90 2009 323I and I came across this:

16" OEM BMW style 268 wheels for 3-series models

16" OEM BMW alloy wheels off a BMW 3-Series.

These came off a 2008 BMW 328.

They are not perfect but still in good condition.

Would be a beautiful set of winter wheels instead of ugly black steel wheels.

Price: $360 CDN

Bolt pattern:5x120

What questions should I ask as this would be my 1st purchase for rims?

1) Would they fit my vehicle? I have 16" tires and that's whats it indicates on my label on the inside of the driver side door.

2) Is the price right/reasonable? Would it be possible to bargin? $90/rim is pretty good considering it's over a $1,000 or more for new ones.

3) Would the bolt pattern matter to me or is it part of the style?

4) Would I need to put my winter tires onto this set as I don't think these are hub caps only.

Note: This would be a local sale so there is no shipping involved. Also, I have the black steel wheels currently as it's my first car as that's what my winter tires came with.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice to help me out with this purchase?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have any advice for me?

Am I asking the wrong questions?

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,784 Posts
Should be good if you have 16" already. No issues with rotors being too large. Bolt pattern is the same on all 3ers.

·
///Member
508 Posts
I am doing a little research into looking in getting some rims for winter for my E90 2009 323I and I came across this:

16" OEM BMW style 268 wheels for 3-series models

16" OEM BMW alloy wheels off a BMW 3-Series.

These came off a 2008 BMW 328.

They are not perfect but still in good condition.

Would be a beautiful set of winter wheels instead of ugly black steel wheels.

Price: $360 CDN

Bolt pattern:5x120

What questions should I ask as this would be my 1st purchase for rims?

1) Would they fit my vehicle? I have 16" tires and that's whats it indicates on my label on the inside of the driver side door.

2) Is the price right/reasonable? Would it be possible to bargin? $90/rim is pretty good considering it's over a $1,000 or more for new ones.

3) Would the bolt pattern matter to me or is it part of the style?

4) Would I need to put my winter tires onto this set as I don't think these are hub caps only.

Note: This would be a local sale so there is no shipping involved. Also, I have the black steel wheels currently as it's my first car as that's what my winter tires came with.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice to help me out with this purchase?

Thanks in advance.
1) If these are OEM they will fit - you should ask the seller if they are OEM or OEM Replica? Not all replica rims are bad just worth knowing when you are negotiating a price.

2) See comment above, if those are OEM, not bent, and are in pretty good shape that would be a pretty good deal. Do they currently have tires on them?

3) Your bolt pattern has nothing to do with 'style' it's where the lug nuts are positioned in the wheel. And yes, this will fit your car.

4) These are not hub caps, they are alloy wheels. You'll need to check the size of the current black steel wheels to ensure the winter tires will also fit this new set of rims. While it is probable they will transfer you need to cross reference the size tire you have (i.e. 205/55 R16) and make sure it will fit the new rim.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for both replies! It ensures a newbie that there won't be any problems besides checking for dents and if they are OEM.

Currently, the tire size I have are 205/55 R16 but I will make sure they fit as they are rims only and I already have tires.

I just wanted to upgrade a little.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally I thought they were sold since the ad wasn't posted for a few days. However, I emailed the seller and ask in case and sure enough he still has them. A few chips around the edge but you can't get anything perfect when they are used. I just need to get them mounted on my winter tires.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts