BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
16" vs. 17" wheels, HELP!

I took delevery of my 325xi in Europe on June 23 and I am anxiously awaiting redelivery; probably in 2-3 weeks. When I ordered the car, if I had the option, I would have ordered 17" wheels as I like the look of the larger wheel size compared to the standard 16" wheel. I could not order a larger wheel size without getting the sport package, and I did not want that. I drove the car for 2 wks in Europe and was happy with the ride quality. Would 17" wheels with lower profile tires change the ride quality? I am not looking for performance or handling improvements as I am not a "hot rodder"; I just like the look of the slightly larger wheel. I am thinking of asking my dealer if I could do an upgrade; I only have 1400 miles on my current wheels and they are flawless; if I have to sell the tires on my own, I will do so. Feedback will be appreciatied.:dunno:

·
Le fabuleux destin
568 Posts
You can get new wheels for about $4k from your dealer. Other than a non official trade, that's probably the only option you have. Sorry.

You should have got the sport package, as on the xi it is only bigger wheels, better seats and a better steering wheel. Without the suspension upgrade, it's not THAT much more sporty, rather better looking.

Repeat after me...I will always order my BMW with the larger wheels, even if it means getting the sport package...

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
The ride quality will change a little but it really depends on the tires you put on.

Whatever you do, you should hold onto the 16" wheels for winter tires.

We covered RF tires in last month's Roundel - you might refer to that for more info as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.