BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of talk lately about whether or not you can get 17" steel wheels for the 330i/Ci/Cic. and how rare they are. Well the answer is, they are not rare at all. You can buy them from your local BMW dealiership.

Then you are all set for winter. I have told this to a few people in several threads, and figured it was just easier to tell everyone in on big 17" Steel wheel thread.

The part number is 36-11-6-750-254

and the price per wheel with a BMWCCA discount is $65.40

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Thanks for the clarifying information. I want winter wheels but really didn't want to spend $1500 for alloy wheels and tires.

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they are 17" x 7" I want to say I ordered 205/55 blizzaks, but I'm not sure without going and looking at them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't have any pictures, but I've seen it in person...
just your regular looking stamped steel wheel, silver coloured. In other words, functional but doesn't look like it should be on a $40k car for longer than, say, 1-2 months of the year.

For just a bit more $, I'd pick some nicer but cheap alternatives from tirerack, eg. Mille Miglia's.

·
Registered
875 Posts
In Germany people put black steel wheels on their nice cars.

$50,000+ cars with crappy wheels on them are all over. That's what they run during winter but it would look really odd over here. Like you left the orange zone in Miami.

·
2016 Alpine White M2
378 Posts
ff said:

...and why would that be? Care to post the source of your info (and please don't say 'E46fanatics'...)?
You can't use steel wheels on a M3.I'm not sure of the technical reason but ask your dealer ,you can't use them.You can probably get different alloys from a aftermarket wheel supplier.

·
3,762 Posts
Shades said:
You can't use steel wheels on a M3.I'm not sure of the technical reason but ask your dealer ,you can't use them.You can probably get different alloys from a aftermarket wheel supplier.
I just wanted to clarify that. You may just have misquoted when you mentioned that the Type68 is the only wheel you can use for snow tires.

I think I've also heard something before about not using steel wheels(?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
ff said:

I just wanted to clarify that. You may just have misquoted when you mentioned that the Type68 is the only wheel you can use for snow tires.

I guess I'm left with with the only option of buying alloy wheels w/ snow tires and just letting them rot during the winter time huh?

·
2016 Alpine White M2
378 Posts
ff said:

I'm sure you can use many different types of 17 inch alloy wheels.The 68M is the wheel that my dealer told me i had to use for the snow tire package for my M3 .In my opinion they look great on the car .They told me you can't use steel wheels on the car.I wouldn't want to put steel wheels on an M3 anyway.

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: 17 Steel Wheels

goodfella said:
I have a 330i and will be putting 17" steel wheels and Nokian NRW H rated tires size 225/45/17 on my car for the winter.
where did you get steel wheels that will take a 225/45 tire? And why wouldn't you go with a tire that has a smaller width for the snow. It will handle better.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: 17 Steel Wheels

goodfella said:
I have a 330i and will be putting 17" steel wheels and Nokian NRW H rated tires size 225/45/17 on my car for the winter.
Where did you buy these from? Dealer? If so, how much if you don't mind telling. Oh, your location too? I assume it's in the US?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.