BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hoping someone can confirm for me as the BMW parts guy didnt sound too sure. I am looking at a set of 18 inch bmw rims ( for winter tires) that were on a 2017 530 with the standard non M brakes. I have a 540 with M brakes, can someone confirm if these rims would fit? I cant easily go try them for fitting as they are a 4 hour drive from me, but if they were to fit, it would be worthwhile to make the drive to buy them. Model number is 6861224

Thanks in advance!
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Gas Bicycle part Close-up Metal

·
Registered
956 Posts
Assuming you have a 2017 or newer G30 with M sport brakes which have a different pad, vs the $3000 performance M brake option, then I think they will fit. I have a 2018 with M sport brakes and this is the package I run:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I might suggest a call to Tire Rack. They are extremely knowledgeable about such things. While this is many years ago, I recall when I got wheels and snow tires for my '98 M3 sedan the Tire Rack Folks said only one wheel at the time would clear the M brakes so I got them. They are usually a very good, knowledgeable and friendly resources on wheels and tires. --Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. the link you sent for your rims look like the same rims as the one i am looking at, hard to tell for sure.

I didnt know there were two types of brake options for this car, my feature sheet says i have the M sport plus package (M sport brakes, dynamic damper control). So i assume that is what you have, and these rims seem to be the same as yours so then they will fit, unless im missing something.

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
After looking up that part nbr...it appears it is wheel style # 619.

If you go to one of the online part database sites like www.bimmercat.com or www.realoem.com ...all you need to do is enter the last 7 digits of your VIN (makes the database specific to your build)...and go to the wheel diagrams. Pull up the 619 wheel style diagram and scroll down through the part nbr list. If it will not fit on the M brake fitted models...then there would be a note or indication that would let you know.

Again, doing a generic search of that wheel style...when you click on the part nbr it lists all of the g30 models in the screen capture below. I do recommend going to the site (the one below is the Bimmercat site) and enter your VIN to see if the M-brake option precludes the use of this wheel. If it doesn't...then you should be good to go. :)

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: 540 M-Sport

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for those links. i looked on both, it doesn't all make 100% sense to me, but there is nothing glaringly telling me it wont fit. Anyways, from your screenshot above, it lists the m550 as a fit, and i would assume the m550 by default has the M brakes, so i suspect that answers my question and it would fit.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,619 Posts
Here is the real answer, not conjecture.

I ran those wheels as my winter set on my 2017 540i xDrive with MSport brakes, and moved them over to my 2020 540i xDrive with MSport brakes, have put probably 80,000 miles on over 5 winters (and counting) and there are zero fitment problems. A side benefit is I really love the all silver rims; I get to change up by 540's look twice a year.

Note that I have the MSport brakes. The 18's may or may not fit over the MPerformance brakes. Your post does not specify which you have (just "M brakes" which could be either) nor do you specify the chassis of your 540. Since you are posting on the G30 forum, I assume you have a G30, but if you have a E39 or other earlier 540, the bolt pattern is completely different.

Reactions: kssod

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the info quackbury. I thought i mentioned it, but yes its a g30, its a 2019 540 with the m sport brakes (that is what is written on my feature sheet so i assume they are not the performance brakes).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts