BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

18 inch rim fitment on M calipers

828 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bfinta
Hi, hoping someone can confirm for me as the BMW parts guy didnt sound too sure. I am looking at a set of 18 inch bmw rims ( for winter tires) that were on a 2017 530 with the standard non M brakes. I have a 540 with M brakes, can someone confirm if these rims would fit? I cant easily go try them for fitting as they are a 4 hour drive from me, but if they were to fit, it would be worthwhile to make the drive to buy them. Model number is 6861224

Thanks in advance!
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Gas Bicycle part Close-up Metal
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
thanks for the info. the link you sent for your rims look like the same rims as the one i am looking at, hard to tell for sure.

I didnt know there were two types of brake options for this car, my feature sheet says i have the M sport plus package (M sport brakes, dynamic damper control). So i assume that is what you have, and these rims seem to be the same as yours so then they will fit, unless im missing something.
thanks for those links. i looked on both, it doesn't all make 100% sense to me, but there is nothing glaringly telling me it wont fit. Anyways, from your screenshot above, it lists the m550 as a fit, and i would assume the m550 by default has the M brakes, so i suspect that answers my question and it would fit.
Thank you for the info quackbury. I thought i mentioned it, but yes its a g30, its a 2019 540 with the m sport brakes (that is what is written on my feature sheet so i assume they are not the performance brakes).
1 - 4 of 4 Posts