BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· in HIS hands :)
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says - love to see them on your rides. (no 17s please - i'm only going to get myself confused. ) the more the merrier. style 32 is probably my favorite oem e39 wheel, perhaps because it looks very much like the alpina classic without the alpina price. granted, it isprobably a tad heavier, although i don't have exact figures. so post away. i would love to see them on a touring.. if anyone has the weights of the different widths, it would be much appreciated.

do specify the width of the wheels, esp if they're staggered.

thanks!

· Registered
13,632 Posts
as the title says - love to see them on your rides. (no 17s please - i'm only going to get myself confused. ) the more the merrier. style 32 is probably my favorite oem e39 wheel, perhaps because it looks very much like the alpina classic without the alpina price. granted, it isprobably a tad heavier, although i don't have exact figures. so post away. i would love to see them on a touring.. if anyone has the weights of the different widths, it would be much appreciated.

do specify the width of the wheels, esp if they're staggered.

thanks!
If you want to know the weight of a BMW wheel...use the www.bmwfans.info part nbr. database.

If you click the link above to the BMWfans.info site...you can insert the e39 18" Style 32 part nbrs....and when you go to the diagram/part nbr index...scroll over to the supplemental column that gives the wheel's weight.

Here's the BMW part nbrs for the 18" E39 Style 32 wheels from the site posted in post #2:
  • 8"x18" - BMW part # 85 32 9 409 952
  • 9"x18" - BMW part # 85 32 9 409 953

1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey all,

thank you for the responses!

demas - wow - sick looking ride! i'm amazed how deep the fronts look even though it is only 8 inches wide! your alpine white e39 (my favorite color) is stunning. thanks for the link, btw.

qsilver, thanks for the link, too! good info.

shodog & demas - are you guys running 265/35/18 in the rears?

of course, i also found out a slight catch, if i may put it that way. the 18 x 9 weighs 24.79 lbs. looks like part number is now different, too. (thanks, tyrone!) 36111093520.

:thumbup:

now...

I like where this thread is going.
hmmm - :dunno::angel:;) now where do YOU think this is going??? inquiring minds want to know!

1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what did the 18" style 32's come on? was it an e39 wheel option? or did you have to get them rebored to fit the e39 hub?
branndon,

it was standard on some 540s...when i checked those links, it was on some '03s.

just waiting for the pics of your touring with style 32s, that's all.
i would seriously love to see a good photoshop pic of that. i KNOW it will look awesome. but the boat anchor weight just made me :confused:, then :(, then :cry:, then really :bawling:

PropellerHead said:
I think it's headed to a spare set of ACS in my garage! Dibs.
hi prop! for even *thinking* like that, this one's for you...:spank: :rofl::rofl:

and i don't think i ever saw a good shot of your car with those 18s!!!! pics please! it's about time. but about your evil thought, i'm in trouble. time for a psycho check up, maybe.

· Registered
1,746 Posts
hey all,

thank you for the responses!

demas - wow - sick looking ride! i'm amazed how deep the fronts look even though it is only 8 inches wide! your alpine white e39 (my favorite color) is stunning. thanks for the link, btw...

shodog & demas - are you guys running 265/35/18 in the rears?
thanks mate:thumbup: I think she looks ok certainly not as sick as some of the E39's I've seen you guys have around here.

I am indeed running 265/35's in the back - 235/40's up front

· Jedi Master
872 Posts
Here are some pics of my staggered 18X8 & 18X9 style 32's They have been black chromed
Simply awesome! How/where did you get them black chromed? Cost?

I've got 17" 32's as my winter set that's starting to look a bit tired. So I was thinking of doing them simply flat black or gunmetal, but these takes the cake. :thumbup:

1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How about style 32's that are 20"

ttxgc,

actually saw a touring at b'fest - in '09, i think, that had these 20s on it. i guess if i were a 'baller' - (that's what they call, it, yes?) i'd do it. but man - i'm sure they are boat anchors, but the best looking ones at that. awesome on that e38, for sure.

· Registered
233 Posts
Black chrome...Its lovely :)
thanks, I dig them to.

Simply awesome! How/where did you get them black chromed? Cost? I've got 17" 32's as my winter set that's starting to look a bit tired. So I was thinking of doing them simply flat black or gunmetal, but these takes the cake. :thumbup:
I wish I knew. The previous owner had them refinished. It must be some local bay area place.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.