BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
32,094 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

Yes, but... with the right offset ("et") and correct tire size, they'll work. A few years ago you'd have gotten ridiculed for fitting 19s on an E36, but since ultra-low-profile tires have become so common, they will no longer look so out-of-place. The ride, however, will likely be awful, like a hay wagon. The suspension was made to use tires with sidewalls as part of the energy-absorbing along with the shocks/struts. Putting near zero sidewall tires on it is going to result in a substantially harsher ride.

18" wheels are about the limit I can tolerate.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: jaye944

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

Yes, but... with the right offset ("et") and correct tire size, they'll work. A few years ago you'd have gotten ridiculed for fitting 19s on an E36, but since ultra-low-profile tires have become so common, they will no longer look so out-of-place. The ride, however, will likely be awful, like a hay wagon. The suspension was made to use tires with sidewalls as part of the energy-absorbing along with the shocks/struts. Putting near zero sidewall tires on it is going to result in a substantially harsher ride.

18" wheels are about the limit I can tolerate. View attachment 1076969
View attachment 1076970
Thanks for the info! I agree, 18’s would defiantly be better. I only thought about the 19’s because I had a set of them and was just wondering if they would fit good. I’ve seen a lot of people run 17 x 9’s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts