Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas everyone!

After being underwhelmed for a few months in a 2016 X6 50i I bit the bullet yesterday and traded it in for the M. I know you guys are running 20s for winter. Does anyone know if the 19" style 623M winter set up I had on the 50i will fit the M? The parts department was already closed yesterday. I'm supposed to take delivery tomorrow and of course after 60 degree temps for weeks the forecast is for a wintry mix tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Congrats! It was only a matter of time.

Pics, specs?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! It was only a matter of time.

Pics, specs?
A local dealer had one on the lot so I went for a test drive. I was blown away by the difference between my 50i and the M. To say that BMW widened the delta between the 50i and the M is an understatement. WOW WOW WOW. I don't know about you but I thought the only difference between my '10 50i and my '13 M was when I pushed the M button. Now they are two completely different vehicles.

Needless to say I was sold. It was the end of the month and they wanted to sell it so they made my exiting the lease on the 50i a lot less painful than my dealer said it would be.

No pics yet, just got it yesterday and I'm stressing over no winter set up. My 19s wouldn't fit over those monster calipers. Getting ready to post them for sale.

It's black on black - I know, you're not emotionally able to handle black :) Executive package and driver assistant plus. Only thing it doesn't have that I would have ordered is the B&O stereo and the full leather but that's OK. I have my grin back. :D

Hoping the weather will hold out for a few weeks. I can't get the winter package until mid January.

Thanks for all your support during my I hate my 50i period. The world is right again.

Have a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
A local dealer had one on the lot so I went for a test drive. I was blown away by the difference between my 50i and the M. To say that BMW widened the delta between the 50i and the M is an understatement. WOW WOW WOW. I don't know about you but I thought the only difference between my '10 50i and my '13 M was when I pushed the M button. Now they are two completely different vehicles.

Needless to say I was sold. It was the end of the month and they wanted to sell it so they made my exiting the lease on the 50i a lot less painful than my dealer said it would be.

No pics yet, just got it yesterday and I'm stressing over no winter set up. My 19s wouldn't fit over those monster calipers. Getting ready to post them for sale.

It's black on black - I know, you're not emotionally able to handle black :) Executive package and driver assistant plus. Only thing it doesn't have that I would have ordered is the B&O stereo and the full leather but that's OK. I have my grin back. :D

Hoping the weather will hold out for a few weeks. I can't get the winter package until mid January.

Thanks for all your support during my I hate my 50i period. The world is right again.

Have a Happy New Year!
Well, I'm just glad it worked out for you. I know you were unhappy and I hoped, given how I feel about my new X6M, that you'd be happy once you made the switch. Good news that you were even able to find a winter set, as I know they were in short supply. I've been running on mine for the last month or so and I'm pretty pleased. I like the color of the wheels a lot (dark grey) and I will say, much as I love the look of the OEM 21s, the ride on the 20s is significantly better.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm just glad it worked out for you. I know you were unhappy and I hoped, given how I feel about my new X6M, that you'd be happy once you made the switch. Good news that you were even able to find a winter set, as I know they were in short supply. I've been running on mine for the last month or so and I'm pretty pleased. I like the color of the wheels a lot (dark grey) and I will say, much as I love the look of the OEM 21s, the ride on the 20s is significantly better.

Congrats again!
OMG - I was stressing when the 19s didn't fit. I'm watching the temps and keeping my fingers crossed Mother Nature will be kind until mid Jan when the package is available. I'm very happy I made the switch, I really can't believe the difference between the 50i and the M. As you said, well played BMW. Now it's time to get that black grill and side gills or whatever they call them. Maybe some aluminum pedals.... Oh boy.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
OMG - I was stressing when the 19s didn't fit. I'm watching the temps and keeping my fingers crossed Mother Nature will be kind until mid Jan when the package is available. I'm very happy I made the switch, I really can't believe the difference between the 50i and the M. As you said, well played BMW. Now it's time to get that black grill and side gills or whatever they call them. Maybe some aluminum pedals.... Oh boy.
I'm very happy with the blacked out grill/gills, too. On your black car, I'm sure it will look even better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts