BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2015 35d X-Line with 19" wheels and OEM Pirelli Scorpion Verde RFT's. They seem fine so far at 23K miles not being nearly as noisy as the same brand non RFT's on my Touareg I had to ditch way before their time to stay sane but I'm still not excited about the inability to patch them. Picked up a Viair 88p compressor and Dynaplug patch kit to carry on board and plan to replace with stock size non RFT's when the time comes. Thinking either Michelin Defender LTX or Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus. Anyone have any long term experience with these or any other recommendations? Hoping for an all season well performing smooth riding tire with low or no noise and long tread life.

JL Fitzpatrick
2015 X5 35d xLine

(Bimmerfest App for Android)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look into the Nokian Z Line A/S non RFT. I also have a 2015 35D xline. Mine came with Goodyear RFTs. They felt very unstable and felt like they were hydroplaning on wet roads. We got rid of them with less than 12K miles. The Nokian are quiet, handle well, and terrific on wet roads. We run Blizzaks in the winter, here in VT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the recommendation, not familiar with Nokian other than Winter specific tires in areas like Wyoming and Montana. I'll definitely research these further as they look like a great tire with a healthy tread width although I don't see that listed on their website. Do you like the way they look on your X5?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look into the Nokian Z Line A/S non RFT. I also have a 2015 35D xline. Mine came with Goodyear RFTs. They felt very unstable and felt like they were hydroplaning on wet roads. We got rid of them with less than 12K miles. The Nokian are quiet, handle well, and terrific on wet roads. We run Blizzaks in the winter, here in VT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Bimmerfest mobile app
So it's about that time and the Nokian's are high on my list but there are very few reviews. Are they still quiet and are you still liking them after six months? How's the treadwear?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts