BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The BMW 2002tii is one of the most fun-to-drive and affordable classic cars available. Most classic cars have a distinctly fragile and wooly way of handling and accelerating down the road, causing drivers to think... 'Don't floor the throttle because something might break!'

Not in the BMW 2002tii. This car is plugged into the tarmac and every pebble is felt through the giant unassisted steering wheel, pedals and shift knob. Here's your chance to own a piece of BMW automotive history with a car that is incredibly fun to drive and has SOUL! This model is more rare as it is a tii model with fuel injection.

This 2002tii has been in California for the last 25+ years and went through a ground up restoration in 1990. I took ownership of it in 1995, and continued to take excellent car of it from trusted mechanics including Tom Cleave of Autobahn in Marina Del Rey (2002 GURU and legendary 2002 racer. I also had Bruce Barthel of Barthel Motor Werks in Chatsworth work on the car. We have had regular oil changes every 3,000 miles and have used synthetic, premium oil the entire time. The car has larger 320 size BMW wheels and brakes with BBS aluminum spoke rims. It has an ArtSpeed front bar to stiffen the front. K&N air filter with high performance wires.

It has a recently replaced Bosch coil. Bilstein shocks replace the original shocks and special coils were installed for a tight and responsive ride. The car was painted "Porsche Gray" by the previous owner when he did a ground up restoration in 1990. The original color was Burgundy. The odometer reading when we bought the car was 55,992. It has turned over once since we have it and the current odometer reading is 41,181. The car has been barely driven the past 15 years and has been under a car cover at all times when not being driven.

The engine was completely replaced in late 1999 with a factory remanufactured engine from the BMW factory in Munich. The car had 94,416 miles at that time, so the total mileage with the new engine is 46,765. We were told that this was one of the last engines that the factory shipped as they stopped rebuilding the engines for the 2002tii for export. The cost of getting the new engine with installation was $5,533 alone. We have all receipts showing this information and all work done on the car as well.

The car drives very well and has no major issues that we are aware of. More recent work includes replacement of all four tires at 38,288 miles. Brake pads, rotors, drive shaft coupling, shaft control were repaired at 37,513 miles. Fuel injection pump, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, and ignition coil were replace at 40,606 miles.

The interior headliner was redone since we've had it and the entire interior was redone in 1990. It has a 10 speaker sound system with Boston Acoustic Speakers and a Pioneer CD head unit with USB port to play MP3s. It has a high power amp in the trunk as well and sounds amazing!

An additional center gauge was added to show oil engine oil pressure and temperature. The battery has been moved to the more than ample trunk. The car has Flowfit seats that are sporty and contoured. Black sheepskin seat covers are on the two front seats. The back bench was redone with the major renovation in 1990 and is in great condition still. Tinted windows. I also have a brand new license plate bracket for the front bumper (not shown in photos).

The car has a slight bend in the rear quarter panel of the passenger side. Other than that the body is in great condition. I will include a Covercraft WeatherShield HP custom fit car cover and CoverCraft UV100 sun shield for the front windshield. We will also have all owners manuals, a BMW shop repair manual (rare) and other repair manual. The car also comes with an extra door brake and other additional parts that we have kept over the years.

-----

I invite and encourage you to check the car out in person prior to purchase, making sure this is the car you would like to have.

Please buy thoughtfully, as this vehicle is sold 'as is' and there is no expressed warranty of any kind. All Pre-sale 3rd party inspections are welcome, and to see, drive, personally inspect this BMW 2002tii.

Visit: https://www.panjo.com/buy/1974-bmw-2002tii-with-sunroof-331277 for images and details

Asking Price: $20,020

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beautiful car. I used to own a 1974 when I was in college. It was a sweet car and I miss it all the time. I'm a wrench-twister now at Hiley VW and one of the guys I work with has a 1992 2002. (Not a Tii). I can't afford what you have here but I congratulate you on a fine restoration!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much @baltimorebeemer for your kind words. She is a sweet car! I''m willing to entertain any reasonable offers. Please let me know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts