BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a 633 that is kind of rough,( no drive shaft,some rust )and was trying two figure out if its worth fixen or parting out.Anybody out there that can be objective about it?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Well, that depends. One the one hand, if it's a US-spec car, it's probably the most desirable 1980-model year US-model BMW there is. On the other hand, even a perfect one still isn't worth a whole lot. IMO any 6er is worth having in one way or another, and it ultimately depends on its condition vs what you are willing to put into it to have a nice car. Body and interior stuff are unique to this car, meaning they're not necessarily easy to come by. Mechanically it's a E12 5-series, so parts availability is a bit better.

Hopes this gives you at least an idea of which way you should go.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
How much are you willing to spend on it? I would venture a WAG that it would take $5-7k just to make it a decent driver, twice to 3x that to make it something worth having.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Kaz said:
Well, that depends. One the one hand, if it's a US-spec car, it's probably the most desirable 1980-model year US-model BMW there is. On the other hand, even a perfect one still isn't worth a whole lot. IMO any 6er is worth having in one way or another, and it ultimately depends on its condition vs what you are willing to put into it to have a nice car. Body and interior stuff are unique to this car, meaning they're not necessarily easy to come by. Mechanically it's a E12 5-series, so parts availability is a bit better.

Hopes this gives you at least an idea of which way you should go.
I'llrun the numers on and find out.I do know that it has the German TUV(saftey stickers on the glass still.Thanks again and Mach Scnell (German for GO FAST).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lord I hope not 5k,my wife is already mad about the '26 Dodge hot rod. I can do the body work it's the parts cost I worry about,anyway thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts