BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, just recently purchased a 1985 325e. After getting it home, I let it sit in my driveway for a few hours, and tried later that night to start the car. The car wouldn't start. After some attempts, the battery ended up dying completely and the car would barely even try to start. Today I took my battery to autozone, and they charged it for me. After putting the battery back in, the car started fine. I drove the car to a nearby gas station and when I got back into the car to start it, it would not start. Luckily, I had a friend to jump the car, and I drove it home.
I tested the battery before starting the car and it looks like its sitting at 12.40 volts. I don't know if it could be the alternator, but when I started the car with the multimeter connected to the battery, i'm getting about 13.7 volts.
I didn't know if I should start pulling fuses and see if its a fuse that is possibly draining my battery, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction here.

Thanks!

[EDIT]

Here's a video of the volts, from idle, to start, revving to 2k rpms, back to idle, and finally shutting the car off
https://youtu.be/Mr0Xuv1g78M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts