BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 1985 4d, inline 6, 5 speed manual 327s BMW…yes 327s. It used to be a 323i but was upgraded by H&B making it a “hardy and beck special” but to pass U.S. standards it is registered as a 325. I have a thick portfolio of the cars history listing everything from letters of engagement from the dealer to the last service it had in my possession. This is a grey market car meaning that it was bought in Germany and shipped here to the U.S. these receipts are also in the portfolio. I am the third owner of this vehicle after buying it off a family friend who was the mechanic of the original owner. There is just so much about this car… it is truly unique. One interesting thing that I will mention is that the motor is a diesel block but fuel injection. There are just awesome things about this car that makes it an odd ball. This is a perfect car for a collector or if you’d like it would make a great race car. The car now: starting with the bad… it needs some work to get into perfect condition. Body: last December the front of the car somehow ended up into the back of a mini van bending the driver side light housing, radiator, and hood. I got a new hood, housing for the lights, and grill. The European bumper is dented up but could be pounded out. The second door on the driver side is dented but I have a new door with the jams already painted. Other than that the body is straight and no rust. Interior: the dash just recently started to crack because it just sits in the sun. The driver side carpet has a hole from wear and tare. The leather seats are ripped exposing foam. The rear set look pretty good though. All electronics work except for the passenger side electric side mirror. It even has AC that works. Motor: The timing belt needs to be changed; it needs a motor mount and some other misc work nothing too big. It is running strong. The cat that is on is just for show… but it should pass smog if a new one is put in. I am selling the car as is. It will also need tires. Like I said there is a ton more info on the car… feel free to ask. But I am looking for a buyer that is truly interested in this car. The first person that offers me the most takes it home. I know the car is not perfect but it is truly a diamond in the rough.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts