BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has started about 2 weeks ago with it not working for 2 minutes then working all of a sudden...which leads me to believe this is a switch issue particularly the brake light switch since the lights themselves work but not the signal nor the windshield wipers. I've no clue as to where the brake light switch is...

Update: i forgot to note that my hazards work, so thats another hunch that its the switch that may be stuck..

Update 2: managed to find the turn signal relay but am unsure if thats what went bad since the wipers dont work as well

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
pull all fuses, relays, inspect, check, replace as necessary

check brake pedal switch

go from there.. report back
cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I sortve found a quick fix and it hasnt acted up since. And now found a new result (makes a loud buzzing noise which is coming from the bottom part of the steering wheel). Funny enough turning the steering wheel while not moving and having the turn signal on cures this and only has happened twice so far.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
So I sortve found a quick fix
th'fck? :confused:

thats not a fix.
thats a band-aid.. and sounds like you still have the problem.
completely remove "fix" from your statement.

pull all fuses, relays, THERE ARE A LOT ON THE E32.
dead pedal, under rear seat, under dash***, in engine compartment, etc..

INSPECT, CHECK, and replace as necessary
check brake pedal switch
go from there..
report back

look at connections, and wires for DAMAGE or CREASES in the wire
perhaps something plastic has been pinched on top of a wire where its been getting hammered from vibrations in a 2 ton car for 25 years.. dig(?)

Cheers!

:roundel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my apologizes, ill call it a mickey mouse for now...

The pinch in the plastic sounds like the answer atm, a friend of mine let me borrow his multimeter tool and so far discovered nothing wrong with the fuses...when i get the next day off, ill check under the dash..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts