BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I didn't drive my car for two days and, I'm still not sure why, the battery was totally drained. I jumped it, drove it around and its totally fine now except that none of the power windows are working!

I already tried changing the fuse and the relay button by my right knee. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the circuit breakers because they are night lighting up as they usually do when the headlights are on.

What happened??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sonya

·
catso
3,161 Posts
Hi,

I didn't drive my car for two days and, I'm still not sure why, the battery was totally drained. I jumped it, drove it around and its totally fine now except that none of the power windows are working!

I already tried changing the fuse and the relay button by my right knee. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the circuit breakers because they are night lighting up as they usually do when the headlights are on.

What happened??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sonya
Probably bad or corroded connections to the fusebox, or the battery accessory cable, ground, etc. Might even be a bad connection to the alternator? Start with the connections on the battery and keep looking. Checking for voltage drop might be helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be that the relay switch by my right knee blew somehow? Could that have been related to battery drain in anyway?

I'm thinking of replacing the switch...

I don't have AC and it's like being in an oven this time of year!

·
catso
3,161 Posts
Could it be that the relay switch by my right knee blew somehow? Could that have been related to battery drain in anyway?

I'm thinking of replacing the switch...

I don't have AC and it's like being in an oven this time of year!
Relays can short out and drain your battery. If you suspect that, replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts