BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first car was a 1983 bmw 528e. When I started driving it the mileage was about 100,000 miles. I drove it until it had 345,000 miles. My parents have had a few. A 1989 635 and a 1988 750. I love working on 80's european cars. I love them all especially the bmw's. I have become a little stumped here lately. I recently changed the imput shaft seal on the transmission for my parents 750. Then about a week later the car went into what I have recently been told is limp home mode. I have checked and double checked the fluid in the trans and all other fluids. I have checked all the intake hoses and smaller lines. I did take loose the drivers side airbox so I could reach the trans lines. I have checked to make sure everything was put back. They drove the car a couple hundred miles and then it went into this mode. How do you get it out of this mode? How do you reset the ecm?
Thanks, james

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,309 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. Post your question in the 7er forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts