BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow e30 fans. I love the site and hope ya'll will be able to help me out with my toy. I have a 1988 325is, manual, leather, moonroof, all the bells and whistles, 145k-we're scheduled for a timing belt and water pump change as soon as I can get a few good dry hours to do it.

MY FIRST QUESTION- Does anyone know where I can find info on the types of rear spoilers that were used in 1988, the previous owner removed and sold the spoiler from my car and I'd really like to put one back on it but have no idea which one to use or where to find it....The holes are 29 inches apart straddling the rear roundel or car center line, there are two holes on each side that are about 2 inches apart front to back and the outline of what was mounted there previuosly looks to be oval in shape. I know for sure it was not the little lip spoiler. Please help, all responses appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
cerberus1971 said:
Hello fellow e30 fans. I love the site and hope ya'll will be able to help me out with my toy. I have a 1988 325is, manual, leather, moonroof, all the bells and whistles, 145k-we're scheduled for a timing belt and water pump change as soon as I can get a few good dry hours to do it.

MY FIRST QUESTION- Does anyone know where I can find info on the types of rear spoilers that were used in 1988, the previous owner removed and sold the spoiler from my car and I'd really like to put one back on it but have no idea which one to use or where to find it....The holes are 29 inches apart straddling the rear roundel or car center line, there are two holes on each side that are about 2 inches apart front to back and the outline of what was mounted there previuosly looks to be oval in shape. I know for sure it was not the little lip spoiler. Please help, all responses appreciated!
I have rear spoiler ZENDER.it fit real nice on e30.......let me know if you want
thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
ebay always has some at a fair price.Just type in BMW e30 on the main page and then select categories.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cerberus1971 said:

The one that came stock on your car was the little lip spoiler, but if you say that your trunk has holes in it, that means that the old owner had an aftermarket spoiler fitted. now you can decide which one to go with. i like the one that came stock on the 88 535is. it looks nice on the e30s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe that the part number is 51 71 1 945 710

I have an 89 325is and that is the part number for mine. Mine is off while the car is being restored and there are holes there in the trunk. You can buy the part at Bavarian Autosport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts