BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I am from Latvia and would like to share some info on my car the 524td

first on I bought it for aprox 700 euros in late winter of 2009

here it is

looks cute :D so it's a diesel, and it was bought for one purpose only to be a daily driver, a simple car that had no baad feelings on illeagal fuel that is rather easily purchasable over here

options: automatic transmission, cruise control, electric sunroof, heated mirrors and thats about it, even no power windows :D

time went on a little and I thought I'll get some wheels

so I got theese style 48 or something

looked a bit better than steel wheels with plastic covers :D

I hope that pictures are visible to everyone, sometimes on some foreign webpages pics hosted on Latvian servers are not visible :dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I'll keep posting then, tell me if you don't see the images, 'll rehost them elswhere

so the history of the car was rather unusual, it was bought from Germany in 2000, by a middle aged man, and he was the only owner in Latvia before me, during his ownership, the car was stolen, but in this case the police managed to find it, but without the original vin number, it had been changed for some dark deals I suppost to a 520i 1990 vin, but since then no other badlucks happened. the owner was a very nice man and had kept this car in almost perfect condition, it had almost no rust, it had not been crashed, all the body panels were factory original and in a very good shape for a car 20+ years of age.

I bought it as a daily ride because at the time this was my sunday/holiday sport's car :)

a 1990 Porsche 928GT 5.0 petrol engine, I suppose no questions why I needed a daily car :D :D

ok back to the BMW
the 17 inch wheels were nice but on e34 I though they are a bit too small, and the design didn't quite satisfy me, so - wheel change to 18" style 32

these definetely looked better, and to improve the look even more, the front springs were lovered by cutting off one ring on each side, that's not quite OEM, but it did the trick and worked fine for everyday life :D

liked these wheels cause had them on my first car, a 1984 528i that was sold in 2007

only for e28 17 were enough

I also bought another e34, a 535i as a parts car, because it had some delicious rare options on it, but it was to rusty to rebuilt it :D

my mate even made up this photoshop pic, have to admit if I had got this car in better condition it would have looked good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so I'll keep telling the story of my 524 :D

as the attentive noticed the 535i had the exterior sports package or M-package, the main reason why I bought this piece of rust :D

and on a sunny spring day I thought it would be nice to improove the look of my daily driver :D

the front bumper was resprayed in the needed Samon silver paint (203) but i mistaked on the other paint code, it had to be darker, as I wanted to replicat the e34 M5 dual body paint, but this scheme also looked ok

so then let's get to work :D

bad pics, here are some better ones, the car started to look more like a car, not old scrap :D

at this point the daily driver started to turn out as something more than a daily car :D

a bit later I had the other parts of the spoiler set resprayed, and installed on the car

I hated the bent down rusty diesel exhaust tip, so that had to go, a stainless steel double pipe replaced it :)

on this i was thinking for a while, to drill the holes in the trunklid or not, but i decided - to be! :D

trunk spoiler in place

more pics later :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts