Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turn signals and hazard light just died, nothing works, no clicks when either are turned on.

Fuses look good and I replaced the relay. Anyone have any ideas before I bring to a shop.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andy and thanks!

My wipers and seats are working but oddly enough the washer pump stopped working a few weeks before. I have the new part but haven't installed yet.

What is the fusible link?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
The fusible link protects the car from a high voltage overload, so it is in the main power supply line off of the battery. If it cracks it causes lots of problems.

Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I***8217;ll check that but since other electrical is working, I***8217;m assuming that***8217;s not the issue. Any other ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Replaced relay or flasher.?..May have both although I can't seem to find in realoem...not well labeled. I had to replace a flasher on my 1993 525it. Not exactly the same symptoms, left side only would work sometimes and stick on sometimes even with t/s switch in off position...cost me a left taillight lens. the flasher was located in the relay/fuse box at the left rear of engine bay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Someone told me to check if the hazard switch had worn out. Since it didn’t light up, I replaced it and the turn lights worked again. Weird one.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the same problem, suddenly indicators & wipers stopped working but everything else did ... my Step Father said it sounded like a fuse, so off to the auto parts store and that fixed it on my 89 E34 535i auto.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts