BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 325 that the starter just went on (bought a raman one thats sitting in the passenger seat) but its got a few problems and i think im done with it.

1) while i was waiting for the starter to some in someone broke in and stole the stereo/all the speakers
2)while trying to get in the trunk they broke the latch
3)seat bracket is broken and has a built in gangster lean
4)was overheating (have the new t-stat)
5)something is rubbing in the passenger side wheel area once and awhile, i think its the dust shield.
6)the starter

should i try and sell it the way it is, if so whats it worth?

part it out?

or just donate it for the writeoff?:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
body isnt perfect, paint is faded, but the only rust on the car is 2-3 spots on the hood where the paint got chipped, but its only surface stuff

im just kinda fed up with it and think selling it outright will get me the same price as just donating it or selling it to a scrap yard

·
Registered
75 Posts
My driver seat actually has a "gangster lean" as well... Any idea what it would take to fix that? I'm pretty sure it was caused when a "big" relative of mine forced their way into the seat, if you know what I mean.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My driver seat actually has a "gangster lean" as well... Any idea what it would take to fix that? I'm pretty sure it was caused when a "big" relative of mine forced their way into the seat, if you know what I mean.
If its a non sport seat just go to the junkyard or craigslist. They are eveywhere. Or, get the sport seats. They make all the difference and fat people hate em.

·
Registered
175 Posts
get some pics of the car up here...i might wanna buy it, im lookin for a car so i can drop in a twin turbo motor/drivetrain that is sitting in my driveway. Twin turbo E30....oh boy!

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
They make all the difference and fat people hate em.
how fat we talkin? im 6'1" 215lbs and in need of a new front seats.

·
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland
2,198 Posts
If its a non sport seat just go to the junkyard or craigslist. They are eveywhere. Or, get the sport seats. They make all the difference and fat people hate em.
haha. i have a set of coupe seats from my 325"es" and im thinking about getting different ones. these hurt my back. but i do love how they hold me in when driving and whatnot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The easy way out is to sell it. However, a few trips to the salvage yard will have you running again. I am sure most E 30's on this site started out needing help. If your motor and drive train are good, bite the bullet and put some money in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i already have the new starter for it but when i was under there working on it and the lower starter bolt/stud kept spinning freely i gave up. i know someone who'll do it for ~100 but i dunno

anyways, heres some pics

the hood is poped, thats why its up so far. i bought it to use as a winter rat but now i have the audi

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you decide to part it out at all I'll take the bumpers and lower front valence, I've been looking for a little project for my car this summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts