BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently been having issues with my e32. First thing lights starting dimming , gauges started going crazy , check engine light / battery flickers on and off . Then the vehicle would stop charging , and require a jump start every time. So I did a stomp test and eneded up with the codes 1231 which is Battery Voltage/ DME Main Relay code. So I then went to autozone got my battery charged and tested and tests came up bad battery even with a full charge , so I purchased a new battery and alternator and installed them . Also replaced Main Dme relay. On start up battery light fickered but the car kept charge . Went for a drive and the car began to mifsire and stalled out . It wouldn’t start I tried over 10 times. An hour later I tried to start it and it worked but still misfired and stalls but I made it home ! Now I’m stuck with no codes , and a whole different problem I had before installing all of those parts. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently been having issues with my e32. First thing lights starting dimming , gauges started going crazy , check engine light / battery flickers on and off . Then the vehicle would stop charging , and require a jump start every time. So I did a stomp test and eneded up with the codes 1231 which is Battery Voltage/ DME Main Relay code. So I then went to autozone got my battery charged and tested and tests came up bad battery even with a full charge , so I purchased a new battery and alternator and installed them . Also replaced Main Dme relay. On start up battery light fickered but the car kept charge . Went for a drive and the car began to mifsire and stalled out . It wouldn’t start I tried over 10 times. An hour later I tried to start it and it worked but still misfired and stalls but I made it home ! Now I’m stuck with no codes , and a whole different problem I had before installing all of those parts. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
What did you find out!? Please let us know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts