Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
If the car has been maintained, but you have told us nothing. It Could have been sitting at the bottom of a swamp for half it***8217;s life. Or it might have been owned by a master mechanic that replaced everything when it should have been and it looks like it just left the show room.

So help us with a little more info on the car you are looking at. We are happy to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry south26...

The 91 e34 has been extremely well looked after and is in immaculate condition with only 157000 ks.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,645 Posts
Keep in mind this predates OBDII so diagnostically very different.
The engine bay on the other hand is quite empty compared to the E46 so in that sense easier to work on.

Posted through Tapatalk downloaded to my neural implant

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the current owner can’t provide detailed maintenance history, be prepared to replace most likely everything just as preventative measure.

I wouldn’t say it’s more reliable, they’re likely as reliable as each other, once all maintenance has been taken care of.

I WOULD much rather have that 91 525i vs your 318 though. So even if you do need to do a lot of maintenance on it, the end result would be a super dope, retro, and classic bmw that could potentially increase in value as long as you continue to take care of it and keep it more or less oem+

I think you need to ask yourself what car would you enjoy more and are you willing to put in a bit elbow grease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the detailed reply Dirtyverty6.

The 525 has been extremely well looked after and I think your spot on it would be a nicer car to drive own.

I don't want to poor a heap of money into it but I'm aware Bmw's are more expensive to maintain. In saying that there is no car that is as pleasurable to drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts