BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
We have a 1992 535. We bought it for our teenage son a little over a year ago. We are having an overheating problem. We replaced the thermo, & water pump , still having problems. Just found problem with the plastic top hose connection on the rad, ( leaking )
Could this be the problem with the overheat? Worried that it is head gasket . Have not found any of the usual indicators of blown head gasket ( oil looks good , checked plugs , no water coming from exhaust ) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said it is our Teenage sons car . ( not alot of money to play with )

·
Registered
126 Posts
if the car was driven while overheating i would be worried about a head gasket.
make sure you dont have anything leaking or the system wont hold pressure. i've seen the smallest cracks cause some bigger problems than you'd imagine. you may also want to flush the radiator. if you're system is sealed and radiator flows properly then i'd be concerned about a head gasket.
maybe check the dipstick for coolant and check the radiator for burned oil...they always mix when the head goes

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2021 X5 M50i Mineral White w/DHP/DAP/DAPP/PAP/EP/Bowers&Wilkins/Ext Merino Leather/Glass Controls
8,501 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup: :roundel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.