BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 1993 525I and It looks like it came with all options including a 6 disk changer as well as a built in phone.

My question is what can I do with the integrated phone? Can it be converted to something else? Can it have service(analog I am guessing). Can I somehow integrate bluetooth into the system?

Sorry for all the questions but I bought the car for a daily driver and want to know all the bells and whistles it comes with.

·
Manualaholic
1,855 Posts
I believe you can still use the phone, however you have to pay a service fee through BMW in order for it to work (much like a cell phone service). I removed my phone and also bought a center console without a hole in it to replace mine with the hole for the wiring.

I tried selling mine, but no dice... maybe I'll wait another 10 years until it becomes a real antique like the original bag/car phone and try to sell it again :rofl:

·
New comer
333 Posts
yeah the phone is pretty much useless since we all got cellphones now a days. I would def keep the phone since mybe someone is doing that major e34 restoration and just has to have that phone.. man don't sell it for cheap haha milk em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.