BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't manually open the soft top storage compartment! Tried the handle under the drivers side back seat but no luck. It did disengage the motor for the top but the storage compartment will not open. Please help! Fall in NC is nice

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest. I've moved you question to our E36 3 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

·
NCC BMWCCA member
181 Posts
I can't manually open the soft top storage compartment! Tried the handle under the drivers side back seat but no luck. It did disengage the motor for the top but the storage compartment will not open. Please help! Fall in NC is nice
In the 94 you need to unlatch the top from the inside and push the top up about 12" inches. The tonneau cover, ie back hatch should open. Lift it up and gently move the top back and into the compartment. Close the cover and look for the latches inside the well.

Note: there solenoid that prevents the cover and the trunk to be opened at the same time.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have someone press down on the tonneau while you pull the lever under the seat again. There can be a lot of tension on the tonneau locks pressing down on the tonneau will counteract the tension while the handle is being pulled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts