Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(This was also posted in the classified section)

We have a 1994 850CSI Green. It has 160K on it. It was abandoned along with a garage full of other stuff (misc household items).

We will be conducting an auction on Saturday August 10th, 2013 at 10:00 AM No reserve.

Here is what I know about this car...(I am not a BMW guy, so please bear with me)

It is a two door, green in color. Interior with white with black trim (I think it is black). The interior is free from rips, but does show some wear. I would rate the interior as fair.

The exterior as far as I can tell, is straight and clean. No repainting at all. One rust spot on the sun roof, on the passenger side. Limited only to the sun roof panel, not the body portion.

It is a V-12 manual shift. Tires look good. Has been in storage since July of 2012.

In the paperwork I found, it was purchased in Texas, and driven out here. It failed smog, and has sat ever since. Don't have any idea what it will take to make it pass smog, if even possible in California. The engine looks like it has not been messed with and looks all original (but really, what do I know?) There are two exhaust manifolds and full length tail pipes laying next to the car. Looks like they had to replace or add Catalytic convertors?? Who knows. It is not running, but I have a battery charger on it. If I get it running, I will update this post.

Also, I will have some pictures available once it is running and I can pull it out side.

If you have questions, you can call me at 714-928-zero527 (Ted)

The auction will be located at

Eucalyptus at Beaumont
671 E 3rd Street
Beaumont CA 92223
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ted,
It is easy to verify that this is one of the 225 850CSi's that were sold in the US in '94 & '95. Post the VIN#
Thanks,
Ed

Update:
3-09-13 Heard from Ted. It is a US 850CSi (CD00119)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Vin wbseg9328rcd00119

I did get it running. Idles a little rough. Not like it has a miss, but not a silky smooth as you would imagine. Did a few hot laps with it. Drives nice, lots of power. No missing or engine codes being thrown up.
Tires seem to have a flat spot from sitting so long. Hopefully that will sort itself out with a little more Driving. It does not have license plates, so I can't take in on the open road.

The battery is dead dead dead. It won't take a charge. That may have something to do with the idle. Maybe not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can't. This auction is out of the norm for us. We are not in the auction business, therefore we simply don't have the equipment or expertise to pull something like that off.

All of the bidders will have to be here, on site August 10th, 2013 10:00 AM.

I will poke around and see if I can find something that might be able to accommodate your needs, as many people are asking the same thing.

Thanks

Ted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, as it turns out, the renter of the storage had at sometime during the rental period, re-enlisted in the Army. Therefore he was protected by the "Servicemans Act" or something like that. In other words, since he
was in the service, we could not sell his possessions or evict him from the unit. So, the whole thing was a bust. We found out about this during the 10 day mandatory hold period post auction from a phone call from an
attorney in Camp Pendelton.

It was all for not. For what it was worth, the highest bid was 28,000. All of the bidders money was returned. The bidding was fast and furious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts